X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap Question

Hi all!

I have been thinking about getting a remap but i am afraid of the things that could go wrong.It looks like there are a lot of you out there with a remap already.Has any of you experienced any problems related to the remap and if yes what sor of problems were they?Also if you could tell me how long you had the remap for.Thank you for the help.

and is your warranty void if you remap your car ?
    sigpic
    - Corsa VXR - Arden Blue - Sight & Light Pack - Front Grill VXR Badge - ITG Panel Filter - Milltek Down Pipe - Milltek Catback System - TMS Bluefin Remap - Blue Samco Boost Hoses - Baileys DV26 BOV - 6000K HID Kit - Team Heko Wind Deflectors - 18" Black Vauxhall Alloys - Nurburgring Splitter - OPC Fog Surrounds - Tinted Fog Lights - CS Brake Ducts - Ultra Black Headlights - Tinted Windows - Hel Braided Brake Lines - Green Cotton Filter -

Comment

Originally posted by thomacski View Post
      Hi all!

I have been thinking about getting a remap but i am afraid of the things that could go wrong.It looks like there are a lot of you out there with a remap already.Has any of you experienced any problems related to the remap and if yes what sor of problems were they?Also if you could tell me how long you had the remap for.Thank you for the help.
      Its a can of worms mate your better off doing a search

Theres Blufin and EDS

Ring a tuner and ask them lots of questions as they will answer them.

VXRPC, Regal, TMS, Courtneys, MPG,

Note tuners were not put in any particular order
      Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

no its not thorney offer a 3 year warrenty on anythin they do, SAFE TUNING in my opinion ha

Comment

I have phoned around but they all seem to say the same thing which is you sort of have to do it and hope for the best.I do understand the risk i might take but i am just trying to minimize them.That is why i am just trying to find out if you guys have had any problems.There seem to be a lot of people with a remap,decat etc etc...I would only be looking at a phase1 remap from either one of those guys.regal,TMS,Courtneys.....I just don`t want to end up let`s say with a broken turbo after a couple hundreds of miles because of the remap.

Comment

3 years?That sounds pretty good.

Comment

Ive got the EDS map and ive never had a problem with my map ive had to turn my boost down thats all

Comment

what do you mean by turning the boost down?Was it boosting too much after the remap?

Comment

Originally posted by thomacski View Post
                  what do you mean by turning the boost down?Was it boosting too much after the remap?
                  My car has always been boosting too much mate

Ive got the EDS map and the Remus Exhuast system so the Pre-Cat it is recomended to turn the boost down one full turn of the Acutator

Comment

Could i just not turn the boost up a little bit on the actuator and save all that money i`d be spending on a remap?

Comment

I would not touch it at all mate lol you might do some damage to the engine or turbo

Comment

Oh and by the way do you still retain the overboost function after the remap?

Comment

think the remap overrides it mate

Comment

i see.Alright at least o have found that out.Thank you for the help mate.Anyone esle had any probs???

Comment

Working...
                            X