This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is lowering 40mm o.k?

Seen a pic on here from janspeed of the 40mm lowering kit on the corsa looks awesome, has anyone fitted these and are they o.k? i.e not scraping on wheels and when turning and over speed bumps? They look wicked when the car is stood still. opinions needed

in me country that will be to much... as this ******* road here....
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

its very low, mines 20/30 and you have to be carefull on curbs and dips in roads.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

as above, i have already had to replace the lower front skirting and have some small scratched on the underside of the newer and our corsa is dropped by approx 25mm

Comment

I had the Janspeed 40mm drop springs n had to get them taken off coz the car sat way too low.

Looked cool as but the front bumper is now scratched underneath from speed bumps, multistory carparks etc.

So I'd suggest maybe 30mm at the most.

Comment

I have them and they are brilliant, too low if you cant control your speed at bumps tho, I take the at 10mph max to be safe. I think 20mph wont scratch on bumps tho.

there are certain places i try to avoid because i think it will scratch but multi storey car parks have never been a problem for me

Comment

cheers guys i think i`ll give them a miss thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Discobiskit View Post
                cheers guys i think i`ll give them a miss thanks again.
                Go for them, don't worry about bumps, as Gizbod says just slow down for them ect... My other car is an MX5 and it is about an inch off of the floor and is VERY low, but you just have to be careful when it comes to bumps and avoid certain roads. I'm going to get the 40mm Janspeed springs after Christmas. You know you want them

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post

Go for them, don't worry about bumps, as Gizbod says just slow down for them ect... My other car is an MX5 and it is about an inch off of the floor and is VERY low, but you just have to be careful when it comes to bumps and avoid certain roads. I'm going to get the 40mm Janspeed springs after Christmas. You know you want them
                  No matter how much I slowed down for some speed bumps it would still scrape. And its not slow that you need to go over most of them its crawling.

Also, the ride was enough to rattle the filling outta yer teeth. The fact of the mater is, yes they look cool as ****, its just the British roads that waste it.

Comment

mines dwon 40mm, best way is to just take it easy. mines not scratched tbh.

Comment

lol i still have serious problems remembering i'm not in my biscuit wheeled pug lol i used to bounce over them at about 40... not anymore it's about 15 most now lol

Comment

I think I'll be keeping mine standard for th minute as I'm quite happy with the ride height on the VXR and loving the smooth ride compared to all my other lowered performance cars!
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn, reading this has put me off getting them now! Got quite a big bump/ramp at the entrance to my work now, not really wanting my bumper to be getting caught everyday

The car does look awesome with 'em on though.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy View Post
                            Damn, reading this has put me off getting them now! Got quite a big bump/ramp at the entrance to my work now, not really wanting my bumper to be getting caught everyday

The car does look awesome with 'em on though.
                            Not worth the risk imo
                            sigpic

Comment

well im running the janspeed developement car and in my honest opinion its top class! i have the advantage of telling janspeed its too low and we need to redevelope them at no cost to myself! i have not felt the need too. the janspeed corsa is being developed alongside the clio 197 and the aim is to get it to handle as well as the clio, springs are just the begining but we feel this set up gives the corsa a massive advantage over standard and edges us a little closer to the outstanding way the clio handles

yes there is issues with clearance at the front but if your carefull you will be fine! i only really had trouble on the high speed ferry ramp but now im living on a building site ave caught it a few times. decide yourself what you want! its a very very capable car with these springs as im sure some track fans on here will agree. definatly for those who want a track inspired feel

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X