This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** handling

anyone got a solution to my corsa's **** handling? its fine round corners but wanders all over the place when trying to go in a straight line, especially under acceleration. its been tracked up at main dealer and is totally standard (suspension wise), 18" rims with 235/35/18 continental sport contact 2's. help before i bin it !!!!!

get it lowered and add RARB

Comment

Originally posted by rallysaloon View Post
      anyone got a solution to my corsa's **** handling? its fine round corners but wanders all over the place when trying to go in a straight line, especially under acceleration. its been tracked up at main dealer and is totally standard (suspension wise), 18" rims with 235/35/18 continental sport contact 2's. help before i bin it !!!!!
      do you have there 235/35/18 ???
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

No probs here mate, smooth as a baby. Wrong sized tyres? Corerct pressures? Transport blocks still in suspension springs? Your usual road got quite heavy tramlines in it?

Comment

Originally posted by rallysaloon View Post
          Transportation blocks?
          just a suggestion?

Comment

if you wanted superb handling you should of gone with a renault megane or something not as good looking and fun to drive as the vxr ;D

Comment

at a guess its cos of the wide tyres, they are more prone to following even the smallest deviation in the road. mines terrible for it in the first lane on the motorway with the tramlines

Comment

Nathans transport blocks were in for 18000 miles...

Also sit upright maybe closer, sure its not as sporty but you'll have much more control..

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Transportation blocks story:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24021
                  MB E63s AMG
                  MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                  Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                  Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Mine does it too, it is the tramlining from grooves and pits in the road. can be quite violent sometimes.
                    I never drive with one hand on the wheel in the Corsa.

Comment

I keep my butt puckered as well!

Comment

sounds dodgy! =-)

Comment

Originally posted by KarlRVX View Post
                          Mine does it too, it is the tramlining from grooves and pits in the road. can be quite violent sometimes.
                          Well mine s absoutely fine. I have 17's and never had any problems, obviously it wants to slightly follow the road, thats the price you pay for the thinner tyre, so unless the 18's are really that much worse i think you should all go get your cars checked.

I drive on motorways and never had any probs.

Comment

Maybe that's why it's been set up like that - stop people chavving around with one arm out the window

Astra

Comment

SNAP!! I'm going to check my springs out now for the delivery blocks

Comment

Working...
                              X