This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving

My corsa has 18000 KM on it but when i'am in third gear and i get past 2500 RMP then reache 3000 RMP the power doesn't feel as sharp and quick at lower RMP.....could this just be that the engine hasn't fully opened up....from time to time i do open her.
    CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

i seem to get the same mate if im in 3rd say 30mph and floor it, it doesnt seem as quick unless i play around with the throttle and then floor it

all good if i floor it from 1st and go through the gears though

Comment

You need to feed the fuel a bit better mate, your foot will do it better than the ecu. Try flooring it a bit slower and smoother.

Comment

Trouble is i can't get access to good fuel only when i'am back in the uk.....car i rapid but when it gets above 2500 rmp then 3000 rmp car feels a bit sluggish. Is there anything i can add to the fuel to improve it think the fuel i'am using is super unleaded and 95 ron.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the fuel, is your car due for a service soon? Might want give the air filter a spruce up.

It's all about being smooth though with the right pedal.

Comment

Car has 18000 KM on her just had an opel service there ar 14850 KM. Just oil, oil filter and screen wash.......1st dealer service.

Comment

Originally posted by corsaopc View Post
              Trouble is i can't get access to good fuel only when i'am back in the uk.....car i rapid but when it gets above 2500 rmp then 3000 rmp car feels a bit sluggish. Is there anything i can add to the fuel to improve it think the fuel i'am using is super unleaded and 95 ron.
              If you cant get good fuel you should use octane booster to boost the ron level of the fuel and see if its any better

Comment

Originally posted by bluecorsavxr View Post
                If you cant get good fuel you should use octane booster to boost the ron level of the fuel and see if its any better
                Any idea where i could get some of this as when i had the 200sx remaped they told me the same but couldn't find it.......

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Bumpkin View Post
                  I wouldn't worry about the fuel, is your car due for a service soon? Might want give the air filter a spruce up.

It's all about being smooth though with the right pedal.
                  Are you joking? get some decent fuel in there, the octain booster is a good idea too.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                  www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

++ 99ron

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                      ++ 99ron
                      Not available in Ireland mate

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                        Are you joking? get some decent fuel in there, the octain booster is a good idea too.
                        sorry mate........in ireland you can't find 98 octane fuel on 99.9% of the pumps........i tried octane booster ...but 13 € per tank ?? NO WAY .........

unfortunately you have a slighly increased fuel consuption an a little less power...........

Comment

I've been using super, and TBH I can't tell the bloody difference. My car is standard and the performance varies from drive to drive anyway. Last night it was sluggish as ****, and other days it screams about everywhere. Kind of pisses me off actually.

Comment

i`ll be sticking unleaded 97 in mine from tesco 30 second drive from my house lol 89.9 at the mo. ooops might be unleaded 98 ron actualy not sure cos using diesel at the mo in g/f car till i get mine.
                            Last edited by Discobiskit; 28 November 2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Discobiskit View Post
                              i`ll be sticking unleaded 97 in mine from tesco 30 second drive from my house lol 89.9 at the mo. ooops might be unleaded 98 ron actualy not sure cos using diesel at the mo in g/f car till i get mine.
                              Just been past a shell garage doing unleaded for 88.9! That's the cheapest it's been in ages! I don't use vpower anymore since getting the corsa as I used to use it all the time in the 172 cup as thats what it was tuned on when the Omex 600 got fitted.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X