This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vauxhall warranty

after taking my car back to FOX Garage in Bisley Surrey for various rattles etc coming from the back of the car i was told yesterday and i quote
    " yes it rattles and squeeks but we cant fix it as vauxhall wont pay us "
    i couldnt believe what i was hearing !!
    I contacted vx customer service centre who are going to investigate but what sort of garage says that to a customer ??

What is a bit worrying is that i asked for a report of how many times my car had been back and they told me that they hadnt logged everytime on their system, great. also after speaking to vauxhall they said their had only been claims for a new seat frame and nothing about rattles etc, it seems to me that the garage just sprayed a little WD40 around the back of the car and that got rid of the noises temperarely !! now they are back they arent intertested,

Also i was told by vauxhall that rattles etc from trim panels etc are only covered for 1 year and not 3, can anyone confirm this ?

I was also told that any investigation work would have to be paid for by me untl an actual cause had been found, so if they cant find the cause vauxhall wont pay,

I would advise all to avoid FOX GARAGE IN BISLEY SURREY at all cost as this is hardly great customer service and they are not a good advert for vauxhall at all,

Go to a different dealer, they'll all do Warranty work.

Comment

that sounds like a gangster............I was a opel dealer on the continent and we got warranty work paid ( at ****** rates ) . Sometimes ,,especially with rattles, you have to be creative when writing reports, but still better than pissing off customers

Comment

how this dealer hopes to get more business i have no idea, afterall its all about customers at the end of the day and every customer is a potential new customer, surely vauxhall dont want this kind of service from any dealers ??

Comment

Originally posted by j77drs View Post
          how this dealer hopes to get more business i have no idea, afterall its all about customers at the end of the day and every customer is a potential new customer, surely vauxhall dont want this kind of service from any dealers ??

I've been thru the same with my Renault, was told it is mass produced and got to live with it!! Donkeys some of the dealers!

Comment

This is bad customer service, its good to see your taking it higher

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Also i was told by vauxhall that rattles etc from trim panels etc are only covered for 1 year and not 3, can anyone confirm this ?
              yep trim panels are only covered for a year

[QUOTE][
              I would advise all to avoid FOX GARAGE IN BISLEY SURREY at all cost as this is hardly great customer service and they are not a good advert for vauxhall at all, /QUOTE]

apparantly they are closing down after christmas, i heard this from someone that works there

Comment

[QUOTE=steve;437932]yep trim panels are only covered for a year

[
                I would advise all to avoid FOX GARAGE IN BISLEY SURREY at all cost as this is hardly great customer service and they are not a good advert for vauxhall at all, /QUOTE]

apparantly they are closing down after christmas, i heard this from someone that works there
                really ?

is this true ?

Comment

yeh apparantly closing in february

Comment

vauxhall have contacted fox garage and they are awaiting fox`s call back, probably wont be that interested if they are closing down in February !!

Comment

Whenever i get pizzed off by the dealer (or anywere else) I simply ask the persons name and then write it down infront of them, it puts the shitz into them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Any update on this? Did they get back to you?

Comment

its the same with any warranty claim, VX will only pay if a fault is found. It was all down to garages about 20 years ago putting claims for jobs they didnt really do when they used to pay for investigation work. Now you need a faulty component to get a claim, any garage that looks and finds nothing is doing you a favour
                          sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                          Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

fox garage did come back to me and my car was booked in whilst investigations took place, i understand that most of the rear suspension came out and was regreased / oiled etc ( im not sure exaclty what ) all i know if that when i got the car back i was more than happy as the rattles / squeeks have all gone,

I appreciate that my original comment of " avoid fox garage at all cost " was maybe not the best thing to put as this was getting at the whole dealership, what i should have really said is that an individual ( or 2 ) were giving the dealership a bad name and that the dealership itself were willing to help once they had received instructions from vx themselves, i was also a little frustrated that the individual told me to ctc vx myself,

All i can say it that fox garage cant be all bad as they did do the work and resolved the issue, i think its a very grey area with rattles etc as if nothing can be found then they dont get paid by vx and that costs them money in labour,

So a big thanks to fox`s garage ( Mark for working on it and Mike for his great customer service )for getting this sorted and they are probably glad to see the back of my car : )
                            Last edited by j77drs; 20 December 2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Glad they did see the back of your car
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X