This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo sound

Since fitting my courtney panel filter the engine sounds have been much more audible, but when the turbo is spooling up the sound is slightly metallic...does anyone else have this?

Most noticeable when in second and not putting the foot all the way down

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Since fitting my courtney panel filter the engine sounds have been much more audible, but when the turbo is spooling up the sound is slightly metallic...does anyone else have this?

Most noticeable when in second and not putting the foot all the way down
    should hear mine mate, very nice noise

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
      should hear mine mate, very nice noise
      I have....lol....just wanted to see if this noise is normal
      Sounds separate to d/v blowing off (LOL) but seems to be while the turbo is spooling but not fully accelerating

Comment

perfectly normal, mine is exactly the same

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
          perfectly normal, mine is exactly the same
          cheers mate, just wanted to double check
          thanks

Comment

I was the same as you when i had mine done as i had never heard it before, i thought it might have been a cyclic sound which its not.

Comment

I get like a dumping noise coming from my airbox when i lift off the gas mate, its quite loud
              Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

I wish my engine was run in fully as I'm yet to hear any turbo noise at all!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                  I wish my engine was run in fully as I'm yet to hear any turbo noise at all!!!
                  just go out for pointless drives mate thats what i did to get the big 1000 but to be honest i did open her up quite a few times but that was in the 700 miles margin
                  Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

I had this sound also but I had to take the panel filter out as it made me cringe, sounds like something was breaking.

when I questioned tho noone else said they had the sound so I thought it was bad.

Comment

When do you hear any noise coming from the turbo on a standard VXR?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gizbod View Post
                        I had this sound also but I had to take the panel filter out as it made me cringe, sounds like something was breaking.

when I questioned tho noone else said they had the sound so I thought it was bad.
                        I've only heard it since I put the panel filter on....only had it on about a week but judging from what people have said its normal

Comment

I've Got An ITG Panel Filter And That Makes The Turbo And Dumping Much More Noicable I Love IT.
                          sigpic
                          - Corsa VXR - Arden Blue - Sight & Light Pack - Front Grill VXR Badge - ITG Panel Filter - Milltek Down Pipe - Milltek Catback System - TMS Bluefin Remap - Blue Samco Boost Hoses - Baileys DV26 BOV - 6000K HID Kit - Team Heko Wind Deflectors - 18" Black Vauxhall Alloys - Nurburgring Splitter - OPC Fog Surrounds - Tinted Fog Lights - CS Brake Ducts - Ultra Black Headlights - Tinted Windows - Hel Braided Brake Lines - Green Cotton Filter -

Comment

I wish i could get panel filters here in SA.

really wish i knew someone up there who can send me down stuff i need...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              I've Got An ITG Panel Filter And That Makes The Turbo And Dumping Much More Noicable I Love IT.
                              I'm enjoying it as well. going for downpipe asap to see how that affects the exhaust note...just want it a bit deeper

Comment

Working...
                              X