This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blow off or DV?

Been lookin at these, what do people think about the two?

You say potato, I say...
    It's the same

Do you mean whether to choose a recirculating or one that dumps to open air?
    The thing is, our cars are equipped with a MAF (Mass Air Feeler, as opposed to MAP - Manifold Absolute Pressure), meaning that every bit of air that is sucked through the air filter is accurately measured. If you suddenly dump some of this air outside the system, the ECU won't know it and thus make the air/fuel mixture too rich. That is why you should stick to a recirculating dump valve, which keeps the measured air inside the system.
    When I will be upgrading my stock recirculating, I think I would opt for the Evoms-style recirculating that Regal sells.

If it's just sound you want, then change the air filter for a less restrictive one or even a cone shaped as I have... lot's of whoooosh I tell ya
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carzzzer View Post
      You say potato, I say...
      It's the same

Do you mean whether to choose a recirculating or one that dumps to open air?

You kinda answered my question there... i thought dump valve recirculated and blow off released into mid air, I knew about the MAF thing was gonna do some digging on the fitting etc... cheers matey

Comment

Put the money towards a more worthwhile modification.

You will see no benefit from either of these
        sigpic
        My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

i know you dont gain anything with a DV apart from noise. But does it cause any harm etc.
          As i want 1 just because they look good 2.
          Has any1 got a bailey venturi fitted?
          How has it been?

Comment

iv got 1 but had to take it of due to spanner light coming on which i still dont know why? had a courtney panel filter 2 so it could of been that
            Arden corsa Vxr = TMS stage 2=(227.8BHP)

Comment

I have its wicked love it !

sigpic

Team HARD.
              ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

no running problems???
                the hose i have is courtney and the take off is near the throttle body do you think this would cause running problems?

Comment

i never noticed any running problems.. but they aint worth it tryed 3 diff dv's and they all sounded like a hamster squeek.. quite as anything on the vxr as you cant disable the standard re-circ

Comment

Disagree with that mines oud man Matt VXR will tell you that !
                    sigpic

Team HARD.
                    ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

strange all 3 of mine have sounded pants (collins, forge, baileys) any vids of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
                        strange all 3 of mine have sounded pants (collins, forge, baileys) any vids of yours?
                        Hows your car running now Luke? All your problems gone?
                        Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

yeah all sorted know mate running fine! cars in the bodyshop at the moment getting a few bits and bobs done

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
                            yeah all sorted know mate running fine! cars in the bodyshop at the moment getting a few bits and bobs done
                            Sweet what was the problem with it?

Im making my next purchase soon
                            Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

umm the last thing the car went in for was a boost sensor or connector or something like that got wet.. what you getting next mate? should have a few new bits myself over the next few weeks

Comment

Working...
                              X