Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1k oil change....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1k oil change....

    ok so ive now hit the magic number, but as some of you may be aware i am in the army and dont really have much time or tools on my hands at the moment...

    How should i go about changing the oil on the corsa?? is it easily done?? or would it be better to take to a dealers??
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

  • #2
    Just ask one of the REME guys to do it for you

    Comment


    • #3
      Should easy just to do the oil just undo the sump plug when the oil is warm not sure on the oil filter weather they have changed it from the old sport engines.

      Didnt take you long to do 1k miles
      VXR ARCTIC #157

      Comment


      • #4
        why you changing the oil anyway?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
          Just ask one of the REME guys to do it for you
          lol im actually in the reme so i should be able to do it just dont have the time mate
          Astra Edition #105
          Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
            lol im actually in the reme so i should be able to do it just dont have the time mate
            what a cop out!!! lol you mean you aint got the balls and you don't know what you are doing anyway!, where abouts you based?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
              what a cop out!!! lol you mean you aint got the balls and you don't know what you are doing anyway!, where abouts you based?
              haha .. well im still in phase 2 training, learning to be an air tech in arborfield down by reading mate
              Astra Edition #105
              Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

              Comment


              • #8
                So basically i was right you don't know what you are doing, lol, how much longer you got left there before you get posted to a unit?

                Comment


                • #9
                  if you get posted to germany you will kick yourself for buying the arctic as the prices over there are mental

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                    ok so ive now hit the magic number, but as some of you may be aware i am in the army and dont really have much time or tools on my hands at the moment...

                    How should i go about changing the oil on the corsa?? is it easily done?? or would it be better to take to a dealers??
                    Wan me to ask my mate steve to do it for you?

                    Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                      Wan me to ask my mate steve to do it for you?
                      hmm can do if ya want mate....if its easy enough ten i might have a try on darrens drive
                      Astra Edition #105
                      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Changed mine last weekend. Very easy and took about 15-20 mins. You will need a T40 (Torx) bit for the sump plug and a 24mm socket to undo the oil filter housing to replace the element.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You done that really quick i got back on sunday from england now in germany and its says 420miles so far i think the miles just go round on there own lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Go to the Opel dealers and get it done. They will flush the engine out for you as well. It cost a bit more but worth doing. They will also check the vehicle out for you under the warranty and do any recalls that need doing. Just ask them

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by highly polished View Post
                              Go to the Opel dealers and get it done. They will flush the engine out for you as well. It cost a bit more but worth doing. They will also check the vehicle out for you under the warranty and do any recalls that need doing. Just ask them
                              plus you can get it done tax free

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X