This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice on the inside!! anyone else?

This morning i had a thin layer of ice on the inside of my windscreen.

Anyone else getting this?

yep was scrapin the outside and could see lines at first thougt it had been crakd coz me wing mirrors got pinched last nite!
    Got inside to feel n it was lines of ice!
    Never had this on any other car before?

Comment

You have some form of gap. The inside is not sealed.

Most likely is the door seals. Either that or you left the window slightly open

Best get it looked at as if its letting air in, it'll let water in too.

Comment

i had this in ma old corsa c but found if ya leave your car with the fan set to 0 position and wi the air direction just to your feet it helps it. not saying it will defo work but works for me! lol
        sigpic
        Astra

Comment

Originally posted by gadge View Post
          This morning i had a thin layer of ice on the inside of my windscreen.

Anyone else getting this?
          id get that checked out mate

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

i have had two windscreen replacements tho. I bet its somthin to do with that!

Comment

Could be, the cold air is getting in from somewhere. As i said earlier, if that is, then so could water :O

Comment

i've gave the car a good few jet washes since the new screen and never noticed water on the inside. I'll phone the windscreen place and see what they say.

Comment

Worth a look, but i'd check the door and window seals too. Thats the most likely cause.

Comment

Originally posted by gadge View Post
                    i have had two windscreen replacements tho. I bet its somthin to do with that!
                    My car brand new n never had windscreen replaced n was in mine smornin wonder if having no wing mirrors would cause this lol not funny realy. Just had quote from lookers 350quid 4 new pair! FUMIN!

Comment

phoned nation windscreens. they said bring it down and they would test it.

Comment

you wanna check inside your boot under the mat, to see if the car is having damp. if so your car could be leaking in water and then could be leading to icing on the inside.

Comment

I had this on my new SRi CDTi but never got round to taking it back to get checked

Comment

had ice inside of mine this morning, tried to find any leaks but couldn't find any.

Comment

my car smornin was twice as iced up as the other mornin had thick blobs of ice on the roof!
                              But no inside ice this time?

Comment

Working...
                              X