This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retrofitting heated seats....

Ok i heard from somewhere, i think it was on here, that if you have the heater elements already built under the seats then all you need is the switches put in to have heated seats (with the half leather seats)..

i noticed that i have the elements under the seats and as i only have the half leather, am i able to just buy switches and have heated seats on my corsa??
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

oooh i'm interested in doing this as well anyone know?

Comment

Mmmmm sounds intresting
      Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Wouldn't heated need full leather?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
          Wouldn't heated need full leather?
          What makes you say that mate?

If the seat pads are there and the wiring then I guess all it would need is the switches..
          sigpic

CORSA VXR
          -
          Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
          Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

why would they put heater elements under half leather seats if the option is only avalible on fulll leather. seems a huge waste of money to me.
            INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

i really want to know if you can or not, becuase i would love to have it done

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey_Burg View Post
                why would they put heater elements under half leather seats if the option is only avalible on fulll leather. seems a huge waste of money to me.
                no idea...especially when the option is 1k!!

but trust me they are there
                Astra Edition #105
                Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                  no idea...especially when the option is 1k!!

but trust me they are there
                  What they look like i will have to check in the morning
                  Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    What they look like i will have to check in the morning
                    erm i duno...hard 2 describe

they look a bit like heater elements 2bh

cant really describe mate just seen them down the side of the seats and underneath with the wires and stuff
                    Astra Edition #105

Comment

erm i duno...hard 2 describe

they look a bit like heater elements 2bh

cant really describe mate just seen them down the side of the seats and underneath with the wires and stuff
                      could the wires be part of the seatbeat system?

Comment

Ok i heard from somewhere, i think it was on here, that if you have the heater elements already built under the seats then all you need is the switches put in to have heated seats (with the half leather seats)..

i noticed that i have the elements under the seats and as i only have the half leather, am i able to just buy switches and have heated seats on my corsa??
                        bet your loving mine

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                          bet your loving mine
                          yer i was luvin that S*** haha

i would have gone for the heated seats if i could have....

but thank god for retrofitting :d there must be a way!! haha
                          Astra Edition #105

Comment

I doubt the pads are there, very very unlikely. More likely the loom connectors are there though.

People have been retrofitting heated seats to Cavs/Novas/Astras for decades as Vaux tend to use the same looms for all their cars so if a car was specc'd without heated seats the loom would still be the same as one with heated seats just missing the pads.
                            I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ojc View Post
                              I doubt the pads are there, very very unlikely. More likely the loom connectors are there though.

People have been retrofitting heated seats to Cavs/Novas/Astras for decades as Vaux tend to use the same looms for all their cars so if a car was specc'd without heated seats the loom would still be the same as one with heated seats just missing the pads.
                              ahh....might have been the loom connectors i saw then.

so is it an easy enough job to do then?? and what would be the best way to go about it? as im guessing using vauxhall would cost a bomb...
                              Astra Edition #105

Comment

Working...
                              X