This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad snow day :-(

So this morning was hmmmm in n ahhhhh in if to go to uni or not as had about an inch of snow and was still coming down hard, it stopped around 8 so got vinnie (the corsa) out of the garage drove him up the drive parked him there as usual put handbrake on and went to shut the gate, shut one side and then as was going to shut the other, he was sliding down the drive backwards (its only about a 5% hill!!) and instinctivly i tried to stop it - how stupid, only a girl so bust me arm :-( , he hit the gate (one side of it). Rushed over to check handbrake - was fully on, so got in and tried to pull off - was shaking like a leaf though as really upset and finally managed to get onto the road after a great struggle. Skid marks all over the drive now.
    Went to observe the damage and no paint damage whatsoever, but the grey plastic bit is bent and with a slight crack - about 1cm and plastic half kinda popped in and half out, and triangle part seems to be in slightly bent inwards.

Having a snow day off uni, but not much fun anymore

nooooooooooo hopefully vinnie will be okay ;-)

Comment

sorry to hear the news but try and be more carefull next time and if the car is sliding let it go insurance will fix it it an't worth hurting yourself to save a car (but i would have done the same) hope the arm gets better soon
      for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Yeah i just dont know what i did wrong, never even imagined it wouldnt of held. :-( Gonna try get boyfriend to have a look at it hopefully be able to sort it myself, but its worst feeling ever hurting vinnie.

Comment

haha mines called Hercules haha

Comment

lol mines vernon the vauxhall

Comment

Aw Nikki, sorry to hear you hurt your arm, trying to stop Vinnie from sliding down the drive. It's easy to say you shouldn't have done it, ..but when you see your pride and joy sliding away from you, it's purely an instinctive thing to try and stop it. At least there's not too much damage, ..hope your boyfriend gets it fixed for you and that your arm feels better real soon. Take care.
              sigpic
              Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Really sorry to hear that.....hopefully its an easy fix...and hope your arm gets better soon
                sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Thanks for all the nice words - cheered me up. Glad more people name their cars, was starting to think i was a bit weird :-) Hopefully easy fix so will let ya know :-) Cheers

Comment

I've been thinking, do you think it could possibly be a problem with the handbrake? Or do ya recon it would have nothing to do with that? Because it was only a slight hill. :-S

Comment

Most likely has to be ice and hill, in that situation just getting out of car takes some of weight off and can be enough to unbalance it and slowly slide. Did you actually break arm or just bruised

Comment

Just bruised it all, hurts when i bend it, wish i had of broke it then could of had a sicky yeah i was thinking that, my fella recons that its impossible that it rolled away with handbrake on, reacons it would of slid down immediately not after a minute. And handbrake was deffo on fully. What a rubbish day, should of decided upon a snowday this morning and gone sledging

Comment

Well i wouldnt say impossible as you have a dodgy arm to prove it to him Friction, ice and weight are wonderful things NOT
                          If it even looks remotely slidey to me i aint going anywhere in my car so plenty of snow days for me

Comment

ow bless im sure he will be ok silly snow. something so nice causes such madness. rest your arm and feet up with a warm bru x

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X