X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another panel filter question!!

Hi all,

As some of you may know I am new to the whole turbo car thing. Now I was thinking of getting a panel filter at the start of the year as soon as xmas and new year is out of the way.

Now the one's that have caught my eye are Courtenay, K&N (as I have used them alot in the past for induction kits) and ITG (as my clio 172 cup had the Maxogen induction kit)

First of all I was wondering is it better on a turbo'd car to stay with a panel filter or go for an induction? Will I have any problems once fitted as I have seen a couple of thread started on here of this topic where members car's have caused probs for them after installed a panel filter and induction kit's?

What are the best one's to go for and can anyone recommend one to me?

The Maxogen that I had on the cup was an enclosed unit and was in it's own housing, which I really liked the idea of as now warm air was getting to it.

If I was to fit just a panel filter then what noticable gains would I see once fitted?

Thanks in advance
    Mark
    sigpic

there are a loada threads on this i done a bit of research into it when i got my vxr. (6 wks ago)
    I always had an induction kit on my focus so wanted 1 again but in the corsa there no room for an air feed. So an induction kit suffers 'heat soak'.
    I have a courtney panel filter in mine 4 past few weeks and it been fine. Sounds great but cant realy notice any gains

Comment

1000% just K&N panel filter for me
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

i had the courtney in with a venturi dump valve not sure what caused the problem but the spanner light came on and the car went into safe mode. i am going to try it again though just to see if the problem happens again...... just cos it sounds great
        Arden corsa Vxr = TMS stage 2=(227.8BHP)

Comment

Originally posted by farrell123 View Post
          i had the courtney in with a venturi dump valve not sure what caused the problem but the spanner light came on and the car went into safe mode. i am going to try it again though just to see if the problem happens again...... just cos it sounds great
          strange was it a twin piston dv? where were you running the vacuum from

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
            strange was it a twin piston dv? where were you running the vacuum from
            Were are you running your vacuum from?
            From were courtney say the fuel reg point is it?
            My dv on the way an am bit worried now!

Comment

havent got one on anymore mate but yeah run it from the fuel press reg and it will be fine

Comment

yeah thats where i ran it from and yeah it was a twin piston, why did you take yours of?
                Arden corsa Vxr = TMS stage 2=(227.8BHP)

Comment

to quite on the vxr sounded pants imo

Comment

Originally posted by farrell123 View Post
                    What is safe mode?

You got any vids of when you had the dump valve and the panel filter on?
                    sigpic

Comment

courtenays all the way mate had one on my corsa and there is noticable difference in both sound and throttle response

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                        What is safe mode?
                        that mean, when the spanner come on - some sensor write down some "wrong" incoming numbers - mean some error in system - then system reduce power that you cant go to high rev - as you can not do bigger damage to engine or car... in final your are going just to 3000 rpm (2700 -3500) and can not go over 60-65 mph - that happend to me
                        MB E63s AMG
                        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I've Got An ITG Panel Filter And Have Had No Problem With It, It Sounds Good To, Not Sure How It Increases Performance, Apparently It Increases Throttle Response.
                          sigpic
                          - Corsa VXR - Arden Blue - Sight & Light Pack - Front Grill VXR Badge - ITG Panel Filter - Milltek Down Pipe - Milltek Catback System - TMS Bluefin Remap - Blue Samco Boost Hoses - Baileys DV26 BOV - 6000K HID Kit - Team Heko Wind Deflectors - 18" Black Vauxhall Alloys - Nurburgring Splitter - OPC Fog Surrounds - Tinted Fog Lights - CS Brake Ducts - Ultra Black Headlights - Tinted Windows - Hel Braided Brake Lines - Green Cotton Filter -

Comment

Working...
                          X