X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Cat Note....

Pre-Cat Removal Note:
    Please ensure, if you are having your Pre-cat removal pipe installed elsewhere, that you check boost levels.

The Pre-cat pipe frees up the flow so much it may cause an over boost situation, usually we wind the actuator all the way off and retension with 1 turn of preload.

Check the boost with a boost guage, you should be setting the boost to 17psi, and no higher

found this on the regal webbie, surely if your running a standard map thats too much boost??

ive got a pre-decat and im boosting at 10psi, overboosting at 13psi

can somebody help?
    Last edited by Mikie; 4 December 2008, 04:35 PM.
    sigpic

Corsa VXR Z16LER2008 ~ Silvertech Bulbs ~ Miltek Race FULL De-Cat ~ PI 30mm Springs ~ Diblas Flowmaster ~ Samcos & DV26d ~ Corts Stg-1 Map ~ boost guage ~ Dashhawk ~ 5k HIDs ~ AFL's ~ 18's ~ Rear Tints

mines not gone bang and i drive like i stole it lol, different maps have different settings too

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
      mines not gone bang and i drive like i stole it lol, different maps have different settings too
      is the 17psi on a standard map thou....? or is it after phase 1?
      sigpic

Corsa VXR Z16LER2008 ~ Silvertech Bulbs ~ Miltek Race FULL De-Cat ~ PI 30mm Springs ~ Diblas Flowmaster ~ Samcos & DV26d ~ Corts Stg-1 Map ~ boost guage ~ Dashhawk ~ 5k HIDs ~ AFL's ~ 18's ~ Rear Tints

Comment

Does this mean it would be a bad thing to get a downpipe to remove the pre-cat on a standard car?

Mark
        sigpic

Comment

Are the Arctics fitted with the remus at vxrpc having the actuator wound out and back in to the correct setting?

Comment

i don't see how this can be as i thought the ECU ultimately controls boost levels ?

Comment

will it matter? its only a remus and not a map

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider View Post
                will it matter? its only a remus and not a map
                If it has a downpipe then the statement is true...

"The Pre-cat pipe frees up the flow so much it may cause an over boost situation"

Not the map that causes it...
                Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                sigpic

Comment

ahhh i see sir, noted and learned for the future

Comment

does that mean unscrew the bolt all the way and then tighten one turn? if it does mine is tightened way more than that?? running around 17psi on gauge though when it decides to go that high lol

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider View Post
                      ahhh i see sir, noted and learned for the future
                      are you skim reading now? or just hungry aswell

Comment

hungry and tired I've been up since 4am lol

Comment

because the pre-decat allows more flow (Only if its fitted) it will increase your chances of overboosting. So winding the actuator arm outwards decreases your boost.

This is not to be monkey around with as it may result in you engine running lean!
                          sigpic

Comment

but i do beleive you can make minor adjustments to increase the boost by 1-2 PSI
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X