This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Sensor

hey guys can anyone tell me where the light sensor for the auto lights is on the corsa??

Today mine decided to act strange and my lights came on for No reason at all, its was only 3pm and was sunny! they never done this before normally there spot on when they come on... I just wanna check its not dirt or bird poo or something block the sensor before i go back to vauxhall lol...

Thanks
    Glen

I've seen something that looks like a sensor on the back of the rear view mirror (ie facing the windscreen) which I was thinking is the auto lights sensor. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_Al View Post
      I've seen something that looks like a sensor on the back of the rear view mirror (ie facing the windscreen) which I was thinking is the auto lights sensor. I could be wrong though.
      there is a sensor on cars with sight and light fitted usually on the windscreen behind the rear view mirror or as said on the back of the mirror. i would turn the car on leave the lights on auto and cover this sensor with your hand or something and see if the light come on usually the sensor on the windscreen is for the auto wipers but see how you get on
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

bad boy thats really helpful but the lights are on already, i want them to turn off lol they was on today when it was light....

Comment

could you try thr opposite then and see if they go off if you shine a light on it???
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

it can notbe that the sensor is broken - functionless - and just for safety the system turn lights on ? just guessing...
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Isn't it on top of the dash? I thought it was and the one on the windscreen is for the wipers?

Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                Isn't it on top of the dash? I thought it was and the one on the windscreen is for the wipers?

Mark
                if oyu are talking about the little ball on the dash that is the sensor for the ECC
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

sorry if my pervious post was alittle harsh vxrbadboy it wasn't meant to be, stupid lights lol first it was one thing then another never mind

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider View Post
                    sorry if my pervious post was alittle harsh vxrbadboy it wasn't meant to be, stupid lights lol first it was one thing then another never mind
                    no worries mate not harsh at all, when its light again tmorrow try switching the knob to 0 and then back auto and see if the lights go off in bright light if they dont then a trip to the stealers would be advised
                    sigpic
                    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

actually my stealers I call dealers cos they really are genuinely spot on with me and my car always

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider View Post
                        actually my stealers I call dealers cos they really are genuinely spot on with me and my car always
                        you have no worries then
                        sigpic
                        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

i do worry sometimes they hate seeing me lol

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                            if oyu are talking about the little ball on the dash that is the sensor for the ECC
                            EEC?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                              EEC?
                              ecc- eletronic climate control
                              sigpic
                              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X