This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eibach help

Once i get my car im going to be putting eibachs springs onto it by a garage that day, after they are put on they give you a free wheel alignment check.

My question is - ..if they come back and say they need realigned should i go ahead with it or are they just trying to get more money out of me?

bare in mind the car is going to be getting delievered to me that day with delievery milage?

basically, even though the car is new could the wheels be out of align just by adding new springs onto it

Alignment is not just toe, but camber as well and by putting the lowering springs on the camber will most likely be affected and should really be adjusted, otherwise you'll suffer from uneven tyre wear.

Comment

well the genral consensus is to get the geometry aligned/checked after fitting springs so i would say yes, as the geo done on the standard springs would not be the same as after it being lowered. although i'd probably get some other place to do it like ats etc if the dealers are charging too much
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

and what ' the fi' said
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

i trust your opinions and shall pay for any alignment needed

Comment

Originally posted by hornby View Post
            i trust your opinions and shall pay for any alignment needed
            once you have the springs done, you could always have the alignment 'checked' i went to ATS last time and they checked mine for free (this was not due to fitting srpings though) and it wasnt needed
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

well the alignment is for free anyhows after, so i will see what they say

Comment

Originally posted by hornby View Post
                well the alignment is for free anyhows after, so i will see what they say
                Free alignment is cheaper than two new tyres when the insides wear after 2000miles not to mention the enjoyment you'd miss from a correctly set up/alignment of the suspension... Go with it, everytime!
                Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                sigpic

Comment

i had mine aligned when I had my Eibachs put on

Comment

I have had Eibach Pro`s fitted to both my VXR`s and a four wheel alignment
                    was included with the fitting price.

Comment

Working...
                    X