This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting calipers

my front calipers are starting to look abit grubby! thinking of paining them red what you reckon? using caliper paint

isit just a case of cleaning the caliper then painting them or do they need rubbing back etc

Probably a good idea to rub them down a little to create a better key for the paint. You can use hammerite smooth paint as it will do just as good a job and is cheaper than caliper paint.

Most important thing is to make sure they are as clean as possible, otherwise the paint will get discoloured/marred by any dirt or residue still on the caliper

Comment

cheers mate going to give it ago! should keep me busy today lol

Comment

Remember some pics when your done If your using hammerite probably best to put a couple coats on, just allow about an hour inbetween

Comment

Luke, isn't your VXR already have pre-painted calipers?

Comment

The VXR's all come with blue calipers as standard, however some like to switch them to red - there's even some weird people like vxrdave who paint them yellow (although it looks lush)

Comment

i see, then you'll have to ateast scrape the blue off properly. Or else the Red will not come out properly!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                The VXR's all come with blue calipers as standard, however some like to switch them to red - there's even some weird people like vxrdave who paint them yellow (although it looks lush)

hoy you did paint the first one red looked spot on with red car but love the yellow.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

we have a "melanie yellow" option here. now that would look awesome with yellow calipers!

Comment

lol it would mate it would ford daytona yellow

Comment

Wait, i mean "melon yellow"... lol...

And it looks like a NY cab

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                        hoy you did paint the first one red looked spot on with red car but love the yellow.

When I first saw them I thought "What's he doing", but then when I saw them on the car they were Very nice job, and very professional finish as well

Comment

how often do you clean you calipers dave? ive been thinkin about doing mine white which i know will be a ***** to clean
                          sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
                          Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
                          0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

Originally posted by tom_mackey1188 View Post
                            how often do you clean you calipers dave? ive been thinkin about doing mine white which i know will be a ***** to clean
                            the yellow is not much better but i waxed them about 6 coats of wheel wax when i first did them then top up every 2-3 mnts and they come up like new its just like the burg wheels if you keep on top of them its not too bad a job.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                              Probably a good idea to rub them down a little to create a better key for the paint. You can use hammerite smooth paint as it will do just as good a job and is cheaper than caliper paint.

Most important thing is to make sure they are as clean as possible, otherwise the paint will get discoloured/marred by any dirt or residue still on the caliper
                              Also will withstand more heat than any caliper paint...guaranteed!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X