This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superchips Bluefin How safe ?

As the title, how safe is the bluefin stage 1 on the corsa ?
    Bought as a boxed ready to go unit direct from superchips, are the parameters set on the tune to be 'safely' within the safe limits so as not to be a problem although designed for 'all corsa'vxr from standard.
    sigpic

Its as safe as your driving mate

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
      Its as safe as your driving mate
      Care to elaborate ?
      sigpic

Comment

If bought from superchips then a full warranty is provided so safe as houses, if not, then consider why they would offer the warranty ?? No issues I would guess, ran a superchips map on my Vec Vxr with no issues or worries ..

Comment

im thinking buying directly from superchips now also at the price of £391.

Would you say it is a worthwhile buy, what is there one map like for the corsa vxr?

Comment

can assure you its all well within the limits for the car mate
            Tech2 Diagnostics
            Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hornby View Post
              im thinking buying directly from superchips now also at the price of £391.

Would you say it is a worthwhile buy, what is there one map like for the corsa vxr?
              This may sound odd, but when i installed the bluefin it wasnt much different at first, but slowly got better with time, but i gradually got used to it, so now i uninstall back to standard every couple of months, that way i can certainly feel the difference, otherwise i get used to it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                This may sound odd, but when i installed the bluefin it wasnt much different at first, but slowly got better with time, but i gradually got used to it, so now i uninstall back to standard every couple of months, that way i can certainly feel the difference, otherwise i get used to it.
                Eh, you should notice the difference straight away, if anything id expect you to notice it less the longer it is on.

Anything else done to your car?

Comment

Originally posted by bluecorsavxr View Post
                  Eh, you should notice the difference straight away, if anything id expect you to notice it less the longer it is on.

Anything else done to your car?
                  No nothing else done
                  sigpic

Comment

well i took the plunge and ordered direct from Superchips on Thursday.
                    It arrived on Friday, much to my suprise and delight.
                    I installed it on Saturday morning, and havent stopped grinning since.
                    Huge difference in performance..much better than i had hoped for.

Totally transforms the car...

Comment

can the bluefin be used with windows vista?

Comment

as safe as running your car with no oil in it

Comment

yep, windows vista is what i used, no prob.
                          Feels very strong. no sign of detonation or pinking. Just pulls very hard.
                          Much more fun to drive than standard. i just want to floor the accelerator whenever i can
                          The stage 2 and 3 must be mental!

Comment

No problems with mine so far, after 8000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by gadge View Post
                              No problems with mine so far, after 8000 miles.
                              did you use vista aswell

i cant decide to order the bluefin or ipf.. or regal intercooler and then remap at a later date

Comment

Working...
                              X