This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got damp/wet footwells?

You may have seen my other thread regarding my misty windscreen every morning.

Anyway, i went to the national windscreens and they discovered my passenger footwell was damp and to eliminate the windscreen they want to take it out and redo it, that will be later next week.

Anyway just went out in the car, inside misted up as usual. Checked the passenger footwell and its wet, check the driver footwell and thats wet too.

Anyone know why it should be getting wet? It hasn't rained for a while yet its wet.

Originally posted by gadge View Post

Anyway, i went to the national windscreens and they discovered my passenger footwell was damp and to eliminate the windscreen they want to take it out and redo it, that will be later next week.

Anyway just went out in the car, inside misted up as usual. Checked the passenger footwell and its wet, check the driver footwell and thats wet too.

Anyone know why it should be getting wet? It hasn't rained for a while yet its wet.
    Never noticed but i'll check tomos!
    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
    sigpic

Comment

Are you losing any water from the coolant system ?

Comment

check again under the boot mat isit wet, if not take out the plastic panel on the left hand side and look behind the rear passenger light area. put some water on the roof on the rear 3/4 and see if your getting any drippin inside *check by the rear lighting area especially*. corsa have been know for bad welding problems that can cause leaks.
        Last edited by Ray_86; 7 December 2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
          Are you losing any water from the coolant system ?
          Dont think so, not warning lights lit, but will check.

Originally posted by Ray_86 View Post
          check again under the boot mat isit wet, if not take out the plastic panel on the left hand side and look behind the rear passenger light area. put some water on the roof on the rear 3/4 and see if your getting any drippin inside *check by the rear lighting area especially*. corsa have been know for bad welding problems that can cause leaks.
          I'll try that tomorrow, but i'm getting damp mats at the front, not rear?

Comment

Dont think so, not warning lights lit, but will check.

I'll try that tomorrow, but i'm getting damp mats at the front, not rear?
            you should check the rear aswell, more than likely if you got damp front foot wells, you got damp rear foot wells aswell. is the car gettibg that horrible damp smell aswell?

Comment

nope no smell....yet!

Comment

sounds like a split heater matrix. this went on my evo 8. its a small radiator that the hot coolant runs through behind the dash that makes the heaters hot. if it is this then its a big job. full dash out.

Comment

Most common cause of what your describing is a windscreen seal.
                  I run my car US style with the air con set at the temperature of a fridge which tends to mask any damp smell!
                  The water will normally find the lowest point in the car and get soaked up in the carpet and sound insulation - trapped under thick material and lying on the metal floorpan with no air getting to it, it may never dry out properly through day to day use (unless you sit with ur air con on high and drive the car 8 hours a day with the windows open ) Once your windscreen is fixed get the carpet out/up and the car properly dried out to eliminate that as the cause before you start spending any more money or pulling things about that may not be broken?
                  Last edited by Insignia VXR; 7 December 2008, 11:32 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well the manager of the windscreen depot say's hes gonna do the screen himself with the supervisor, to be honest hes been very accodating. Its just not a pretty site having your vxr getting a windscreen replacement! But i only every had this problem since having the replacement.

Comment

get that checked out mate, common problem on most corsa ranges to be honest my old corsa c had the same problem

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                        get that checked out mate, common problem on most corsa ranges to be honest my old corsa c had the same problem
                        common problem as regards to what? windscreen? seals? heater matrix?

Comment

Well the manager of the windscreen depot say's hes gonna do the screen himself with the supervisor, to be honest hes been very accodating. Its just not a pretty site having your vxr getting a windscreen replacement! But i only every had this problem since having the replacement.
                          But you say the mats get wet even though its not been raining, doesnt seem like a leaking windscreen

Wait until its dark, open the bonnet, get someone to shine a lamp towards the bulkhead, you crawl down each footwell to see if you can get any light from the lamp coming through anywere, if you do then thats were the water is getting in. Also check your washer jets hoses.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just checked my coolent level:

Comment

Seems strange that a leakin is coming into both footwells.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X