X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel filter/DV question?

Hi all,

A few memebers on here have persuaded me into taking the plunge to go for a panel filter for my VXR. Atm I can't here my standard DV at all and am told it could be due to the fact that the engine has only done 500 miles and that I have still got the standard panel filter on!

If I was to change this to an ITG panel filter (I am using ITG because I had great results on my clio 172 cup with their Maxogen) why would I hear the dump valve, is it something to do with the vacuum?

Cheers
    Mark
    sigpic

Well i fitted a K&N panel filter at the weekend and i can hear the turbo whoosh and the dump valve hiss now, although it is subtle.
    I wouldnt want it any louder, but it makes some interesting noises now.

Comment

Originally posted by trog View Post
      Well i fitted a K&N panel filter at the weekend and i can hear the turbo whoosh and the dump valve hiss now, although it is subtle.
      Same here.

I think it would get pretty annoying after a while if i had an aftermarket dv!

Comment

Well if you recieved my PM, hopefully it answers your question.
        sigpic
        - Corsa VXR - Arden Blue - Sight & Light Pack - Front Grill VXR Badge - ITG Panel Filter - Milltek Down Pipe - Milltek Catback System - TMS Bluefin Remap - Blue Samco Boost Hoses - Baileys DV26 BOV - 6000K HID Kit - Team Heko Wind Deflectors - 18" Black Vauxhall Alloys - Nurburgring Splitter - OPC Fog Surrounds - Tinted Fog Lights - CS Brake Ducts - Ultra Black Headlights - Tinted Windows - Hel Braided Brake Lines - Green Cotton Filter -

Comment

What mods have you on the car mate?

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Well if you recieved my PM, hopefully it answers your question.
          Yeah cheers Brad, your a STAR!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Remapped the ECU with the Bluefin Superchip and fitted the K&N for sound effects.
            Very pleased with the result.

Comment

I got a map too.

It gives the standard zaust a sucking noise as you floor it and the odd pop when you change up.

Bloody lav it lol!

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                Same here.

I think it would get pretty annoying after a while if i had an aftermarket dv!
                no way love that sound

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                    I got a map too.

It gives the standard zaust a sucking noise as you floor it and the odd pop when you change up.

Bloody lav it lol!
                    I remember Tiff Needel taking the corsa against the 197 on track and he was going on about the amazing sucking sound from the turbo, but I have never heard it yet!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                      I remember Tiff Needel taking the corsa against the 197 on track and he was going on about the amazing sucking sound from the turbo, but I have never heard it yet!!!
                      Get a map lol.

Trust me you'll def notice it after that!

Comment

Yeah will be doing mate, but sometime next year!
                        sigpic

Comment

Going from Standard to Stage 2 the difference in sound is amazing. Guessing its because of the panel filter and the Map. But if you want sound i would reccomend it!

Comment

Remapped the ECU with the Bluefin Superchip and fitted the K&N for sound effects.
                            Very pleased with the result.
                            arite mate you musta been the other arden corsa i seen round wirral then??

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                              arite mate you musta been the other arden corsa i seen round wirral then??
                              You talking to me or someone else, mate?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X