This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janspeed Boost Gauge Fitted

Well as it's been so cold so its took a little longer than expected but we have fitted one of the Janspeed boost gauges

We were unsure where to fit the gauge as we did not want to lose one of the heater vents , the mpg pod housing seems to be taking forever and we really only ever wanted a single gauge . So we took the plunge and ordered one of the Janspeed gauges , bought a holder from Halfords for £7 and choose the centre speaker grill to mount the gauge into . The grille had a small ridge cut into it and the bracket was glued into place using silkaflex .

Once all mounted the gauge looks good , pictures below

Now with this fitted what is normal boost readings , at the moment it does not go above 1.5 , is this normal ?

Here's a small sample of it working

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C-sHGvj27rQ

v cool

Comment

1.5 bar? I take it you are remapped?

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
        Well as it's been so cold so its took a little longer than expected but we have fitted one of the Janspeed boost gauges

We were unsure where to fit the gauge as we did not want to lose one of the heater vents , the mpg pod housing seems to be taking forever and we really only ever wanted a single gauge . So we took the plunge and ordered one of the Janspeed gauges , bought a holder from Halfords for £7 and choose the centre speaker grill to mount the gauge into . The grille had a small ridge cut into it and the bracket was glued into place using silkaflex .

Once all mounted the gauge looks good , pictures below

Now with this fitted what is normal boost readings , at the moment it does not go above 1.5 , is this normal ?

Here's a small sample of it working

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C-sHGvj27rQ
        Very cool can i ask where is all the wires going to?
        Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
          1.5 bar? I take it you are remapped?
          Its seems to have Bluefin , lol

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
            Very cool can i ask where is all the wires going to?
            Hi nath , the wires go down the hole where the little ball was as this was removed . They are then connected as normal

Comment

Its seems to have Bluefin , lol
              Mine peaks at 1.4 bar going off dyno sheets which is about 20psi, i was told thats what a remapped corsa should be peaking at

Comment

my merv over boosts to 21psi then drops off to 14psi after a short time quick driveing boosts to 12psi hope that helps bud
                FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
                182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
                "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

Mine peaks at 1.4 bar going off dyno sheets which is about 20psi, i was told thats what a remapped corsa should be peaking at

What map are you running and do you have any other mods ?

Comment

Hi nath , the wires go down the hole where the little ball was as this was removed . They are then connected as normal
                    Was it easy to fit?

Any chance of a guide on how to fit the gauge?

Comment

might give you an idea

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29814
                      FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
                      182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
                      "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                        Was it easy to fit?

Any chance of a guide on how to fit the gauge?
                        This was the guide we used apart from the location of the gauge .

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25103

The centre grille in the dashboard just prizes out easily , then it was just a case of mounting the bracket in the grille

Comment

Originally posted by simon fletcher View Post
                          my merv over boosts to 21psi then drops off to 14psi after a short time quick driveing boosts to 12psi hope that helps bud
                          Do you know what those figures are in Bar ? Cheers

Comment

What map are you running and do you have any other mods ?
                            im running linear eds map, remus, flowmaster, denso plugs, blizzard intercooler

Comment

im running linear eds map, remus, flowmaster, denso plugs, blizzard intercooler
                              You had yours RR'd mate? if you have what are you running at?

Comment

Working...
                              X