This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesnt Bluefin transform my car ?

Help, Loads of people have expressed good things about Bluefin, instant response, great exeleration etc. etc.

What could be the problem i am having, i only get a very small amount of difference with it installed (it does work but, nothing amazing), the engine sounds noisier also, im using v-power petrol, what do i need to check to find this underlying problem, i live too far away from a tuner, just wonder why i'm not impressed.

It was purchased direct from superchips / bluefin. The unit installed properly.
    Last edited by miniman; 10 December 2008, 12:10 AM.
    sigpic

get ur *** down regal or thorney lol

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
      get ur *** down regal or thorney lol
      Everyone who buys direct shouldnt have to travel to a tuner to sort it, i paid up but didnt get the 'full' deal.

Just need to know what things to check that could be causing this.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi,
        8:00am ring 01280 816781 - Superchips have a dedicated telephone support team who will be able to help you with any installation issues
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post

. The unit installed properly.
          Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
          Hi,
          8:00am ring 01280 816781 - Superchips have a dedicated telephone support team who will be able to help you with any installation issues
          errr, how about a line for.....its no quicker mate, liekkkkk

Comment

Not all installation issues are obvious, if it was working properly the difference would be very noticeable....Plenty of very happy stage one Bluefin Corsa VXR owners

So what IS your overboost figure ?
            Last edited by Insignia VXR; 10 December 2008, 01:06 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post

So what IS your overboost figure ?

Me?????????

Comment

Yep, pretty sure Miniman's is very standard at the moment
                sigpic

Comment

If bought from superchips contact them, if bought from TMS contact them

Comment

Already stated in first post it was purchased from Superchips - hence why I said contact Superchips
                    sigpic

Comment

Contacted superchips soon after purchase, they offered a tune with less boost because i moaned about a flat spot / hesitation, tried that, which reduced the power even further, so i went back to the original bluefin tune, (which to me defeated the object of buying it in the first place dont you think ?)

i have contacted them again recently, asking if there was a better tune was told this was the most up to date tune, the injectors are fully open with this tune, so cannot be improved.
                      Last edited by miniman; 10 December 2008, 03:17 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dependant on where you are location wise, might be worth contacting TMS or seeing if you can get down there and ask them to look at it. They use superchips maps, but believe they have maps developed specifically for them and, more importantly, have a RR on which the car can be tested to see what changes/improvements the map is making.

However if you can't get down to them, then go back to S/C's for another update, or get the car on a RR, run it without the map and then with - this will show the difference the map is making and then you can either see if things are as you would expect or whether you need to return to the supplier...

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                          Help, Loads of people have expressed good things about Bluefin, instant response, great exeleration etc. etc.
                          Please don't call me thick but what is bluefin

Comment

Originally posted by Terzo282 View Post
                            Please don't call me thick but what is bluefin
                            it's a tuna

Sorry Terzo.......it's a hand held device to map your car mate.

Comment

Its a handheld device sold by Superchips to download their software into your car.

Comment

Working...
                              X