Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dont understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dont understand?

    why arctics are pre-fitted with a downpipe but it was 'the law' to have em fitted to a normal vxr? :s

  • #2
    they are fitted after like the burgs were at vxpc

    Comment


    • #3
      Its the law to have them fitted when there first registered (ie when they came into the country)

      Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Is the precat pipe a catalyst also or just a pipe.

        Comment


        • #5
          just a pipe but its very restrictive the standard one

          Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            thats good so replacing it wont change the emissions come mot time

            Comment


            • #7
              it will put will still pass an MOT

              Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
              www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

              Comment


              • #8
                oh i thought it meant it was a legal requirement until after 1st registration. Like 1st number plate?
                Coz if they havin it done before there in the showroom that means they must be getin pre registared... Does it? :s

                Comment


                • #9
                  My understanding is that it is a legal requirement in Spain where they are built, before they can be released from the factory. It is however not a legal requirement to be road worthy in England hence the ability to fit new full systems, and why the remus has to be fitted here in England
                  "If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                    oh i thought it meant it was a legal requirement until after 1st registration. Like 1st number plate?
                    Coz if they havin it done before there in the showroom that means they must be getin pre registared... Does it? :s
                    No - the Pre CAT only needs to be in place at point of entry into the country not at registration iirc

                    Astra

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      oh ok, thanks for clearin that up.
                      Does this mean in europe they cant remove the pre-cat?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by trog View Post
                        Is the precat pipe a catalyst also or just a pipe.
                        The precat is a catalyst also, the down pipe is just a straight through pipe to replace it.

                        Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

                        Clique #14

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                          oh ok, thanks for clearin that up.
                          Does this mean in europe they cant remove the pre-cat?
                          Depends which country we're talking about as certain countries make it illegal for poeple to tune their cars (I think France is one of them). I'm not sure whether an exhaust would fall into this category. I know that the Remus isn't fitted to the Nurbergring Astra for instance due to the noise levels.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                            Depends which country we're talking about as certain countries make it illegal for poeple to tune their cars (I think France is one of them). I'm not sure whether an exhaust would fall into this category. I know that the Remus isn't fitted to the Nurbergring Astra for instance due to the noise levels.
                            So what if you was to drive throu france with a tuned up car could the police 'do ya'?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You don't reside in France
                              "If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X