X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa VXR Back Axel

hey

i drove into mcdonalds today and when turning at (10 mph rufly)
    i was on black ice and the back end slide out and skelped the kirb
    when i got out to look at the damage after nearly crying !!!
    my left back wheel is sitting uneven the top is sticking out
    and the bottom is tucked in. and a warning light came on
    does anyone know how much this will rufly cost to get fixed and
    where i can get a cheap back axel ect or what i should do .. ?

please any info will be gr8

thanks

How much is your excess?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
      How much is your excess?
      £500 mate

Comment

sorry to hear that mate. but i would suggest you pay the excess as it will prob be cheaper, as i guess the only place to get the rear axle will be from VX, and they will rape you over price and labour....
        look into it 1st though mate...
        much damage to you wheel?? cuz insurance will also sort that...
        hope you sort it out...

Comment

Originally posted by RedCorsaVxr View Post
          £500 mate
          probably cheaper than paying out yourself

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtom View Post
            sorry to hear that mate. but i would suggest you pay the excess as it will prob be cheaper, as i guess the only place to get the rear axle will be from VX, and they will rape you over price and labour....
            look into it 1st though mate...
            much damage to you wheel?? cuz insurance will also sort that...
            hope you sort it out...
            the wheels fine, im so shocked at how much damage there is at such a slow speed. when i got out to look i was expecting a scrached alloy or something and now i have all this damage

i feel like ***** man
            will this effect my insurance ? coz this is my first car and first insurance policy so will i need to pay more etc ?

Comment

Yeah big time, must of been expensive to start with? Are you sure you were only just turning at 10mph? I really can't imagine you will bend an axle like that.

Comment

Don't go through your insurance untill you have had a quote form a garage a back axel is a fairly quick job to do you may find that the work it needs is only about the same cost of your excess of even less that way you keep your NCB

Comment

Originally posted by RedCorsaVxr View Post
                  the wheels fine, im so shocked at how much damage there is at such a slow speed. when i got out to look i was expecting a scrached alloy or something and now i have all this damage

i feel like ***** man
                  will this effect my insurance ? coz this is my first car and first insurance policy so will i need to pay more etc ?
                  If you hit it right (or wrong) things are easy to break

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                  www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

lol i crashed my old pug into a roundabout once at 60mph and all i did was 30 quids worth of damage ****in lucky!

are you sure its an axel? may just be a hub or something... i like that word ''hub'' hub hub hub hub hub hub hub hub hub

Comment

could possibly be a stub axel, they are designed to give way first. i hit a kerb at around 40mph in my old fiesta and that only bent the back axel 1/4 of an inch but ansolutely killed the stub, so i cant see it being the axel. just a stub axel i rekon

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Bumpkin View Post
                        Yeah big time, must of been expensive to start with? Are you sure you were only just turning at 10mph? I really can't imagine you will bend an axle like that.
                        yeah mate turning a corner 10 mph and when the back end spun out it seemed to spin round really fast and wack'd the kirb im gona get it checked out and get a qoute hope its not dear man coz santa robbed me this year and me skint

Comment

Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
                          could possibly be a stub axel, they are designed to give way first. i hit a kerb at around 40mph in my old fiesta and that only bent the back axel 1/4 of an inch but ansolutely killed the stub, so i cant see it being the axel. just a stub axel i rekon
                          i will go out and take pictures with my cam and upload them the now mate and u can tell me what u think.

EDIT!... Change of mind - i will take pictures tomorrow as its so cold and dark, and when i look at her i feel like crying
                          Last edited by RedCorsaVxr; 10 December 2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Its the back axel guys
                            the stub pin is fine, its the four bolts that hold the stub pin that are uneven

the top 2 have bent out and the bottom left 1 has bent in a little makin the top of the wheel pop out

any1 know how much a back axel is ?
                            will it be the same as a corsa D back axel or because its a vxr will
                            they charge silly prices ? coz it looks a simple job to replace and me and my dad would be doing it.
                            Last edited by RedCorsaVxr; 11 December 2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissCaz View Post
                              lol i crashed my old pug into a roundabout once at 60mph and all i did was 30 quids worth of damage ****in lucky!

are you sure its an axel? may just be a hub or something... i like that word ''hub'' hub hub hub hub hub hub hub hub hub
                              Heh....."hub"....

Comment

Working...
                              X