This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what could this be?

As some of you may know about a month ago I had my engine and other bits replaced.

since then I have noticed that sometimes when I start the car up the is a flutterring/slight knocking sound coming from the engine until I press the clutch pedal down, also the clutch pedal shakes until i press it down.

Is very odd and never happened with my old engine. This engine has now done 500 miles but has been making this noise pretty much from the word go, I was told it may just be wearing in but has not gone.

booked in vx for next week but anyone had this or know what it could be?

dosnt sound nice wotever it is?
    Cars seem to never the same after aving work done to em,

Comment

did they keep your old gear box they coulda not put the clutch plate in proply or sutin? But am just guesin? :s

Comment

maybe a air lock
        WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

it was engine, turbo and intercooler which was replaced and the car feels exactly the same other than this

a friend mentioned the clutch could be clipping the flywheel until i press it down then it sorts it out.

Comment

It sounds to me like you have problem with the flywheel.You must check it.

Comment

I have a funny noise to sometimes when I start my engine...
              It kinda goes "kerchunkkk" but always starts and drives ok
              Standard engine for now with no mods done to it. Any ideas??

Comment

i have the same problem as everyone else with this knocking noise coming from what sounds like the rear suspension of the car - anyone ever found a remedy for this yet??

Comment

what I had was neither of these but just incase anyone gets what I have the clutch was contaminated due to some oil leaking on to it so needed replacing along with the flywheel.

Comment

i think the other noises is the abs adjusting itself. I get the noise as well, so does all the Astra's.

Gizbod, your's def sounds like the flywheel and clutch plate. Get it sorted, or else the gearbox will wear!

Comment

Originally posted by wild cars View Post
                      i think the other noises is the abs adjusting itself. I get the noise as well, so does all the Astra's.

Gizbod, your's def sounds like the flywheel and clutch plate. Get it sorted, or else the gearbox will wear!
                      It was fixed under warranty this week mate. Alot better now, plus no dodgy sound on idle

Comment

Working...
                      X