This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanner Light

Gents. Was driving along nicely when my spanner light came on tonight. Didnt notice any difference in performance etc. straight away.

However, after I left the girlfriends house later on I did notice that the car was hesitant in accelerating, like a little lull before the power kicked in.

Bear in mind that the only mod on the car is the Remus, took my map off just over a month ago cause I didnt know where to adjust the boost. Its been running like a sweetie until tonight.

Anyone suggest what it could be?

Cheers

Originally posted by N0ddie_VXR View Post
    Gents. Was driving along nicely when my spanner light came on tonight. Didnt notice any difference in performance etc. straight away.

However, after I left the girlfriends house later on I did notice that the car was hesitant in accelerating, like a little lull before the power kicked in.

Bear in mind that the only mod on the car is the Remus, took my map off just over a month ago cause I didnt know where to adjust the boost. Its been running like a sweetie until tonight.

Anyone suggest what it could be?

Cheers

Could be a pipe come off, or the turbo pipe split? Happened in my Astra and the acceleration was either hesitant or sometimes not there at all.....get it booked in matey

Comment

wasnt raining ??? do you have there some another filter ?
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Have you been doughnutting in a carpark recently?

Comment

Nope! I wasn't doing donuts.

I reflashed the ecu and now the fault is clear. As far as I can see, all the hoses are fine. Drives fine to.

Comment

How do you reflash the ECU???
            CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

Originally posted by corsaopc View Post
              How do you reflash the ECU???
              Ive got the ipf mapping tool. Just re-uploaded the standard map onto the car again. Seems to have cleared it.

Comment

Originally posted by N0ddie_VXR View Post
                Nope! I wasn't doing donuts.

I reflashed the ecu and now the fault is clear. As far as I can see, all the hoses are fine. Drives fine to.
                i was told that it can sometimes come on just by the chance... as one of sensors come in with some 5hi77... system can not sort them - than is the spanner on... need just erase memory....
                MB E63s AMG
                MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

If it comes on again get it to a garage to be checked, or if the IPF allows you to download the DTC's and see what is listed. Could be signs of AMM (MAF for you BO55) beginning to go, but could also be 101 other things

Comment

Mine came today when i started the car.....turned it off and started it again and it was fine
                    CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

Had to book the car into the dealers to get looked at today. Soonest they can take it is Saturday morning

Driving to work this morning the car just lost most of its power. Cant hear the turbo, cant hear the dumb valve so I reckon there is a problem with the turbo somehow.

Checked for the usual lose hoses etc but cant see anything obvious. So fingers crossed its something easy to fix.

Comment

I thought the spanner was a service light?
                        sigpic

Team HARD.
                        ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

Originally posted by js_VXR View Post
                          I thought the spanner was a service light?
                          Nope. Thats the INSP that comes up on the mileage clock.

Comment

Think I know whats wrong with the car now.

Had a wee poke about the engine bay today to look for any obvious faults, couldnt see any btw, and after reading Regals turbocharger thread and seeing this picture:

I think I can see the fault. The adjustment bolt/nut on my actuator is right at the end of the bolt ie. no threads sticking out of the end, thus not asking for any boost.

I also looked at Nath's picture he took of his actuator adjustment bolt:

Mine used to look like Nath's however now the nut is right at the end of the bolt. So in effect it looks like the nut has loosened off, not by me though or anyone else, thus causing the car to not boost?

Does this sound about right?

So to fix it all that needs done is for the heatshield to be removed and the bolt adjusted? Unless of course its broken?

Comment

Mmmm but would the spanner light come on if the car was recieving any boost?

You could try and turn that bolt back up the thread mate and see if you get any boost.

I didnt take the heat shield off when loosing my bolt just un screwed that bolt you can see in that picture!!!!
                              Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Working...
                              X