Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever driven with the rear seats down??

I had to take some rubbish to the tip the other dayback seats down and stealth shelf was out, On the way back from the tip with an empty boot!

Flippin heck! The exhaust sounds like a monster higher up the rev range!!

Sounds so good im debating getting a roll cage and loosing the rear seats lol!

If you read back a llllooooonnnggggg way, you probably had better performance as well

Comment

depends if he removed the cds from the glove box
      WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

dont start that again lol

Comment

what happens if we take off the wheel nut covers will it go faster too lol !!! oh and the dust caps
          Sapphire black Corsa VXR/K&N panel filter/remus. Regal stage 1 Remap... 233.4bhp...267lb tourqe!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR View Post
            If you read back a llllooooonnnggggg way, you probably had better performance as well
            LOL

Like fashion and music everything is merely recycled

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
              LOL

Like fashion and music everything is merely recycled
              Yeah, my wardrobe looks possitively cat-walk stuff now

Comment

you lot have lost me lol!

when i emptied the rubbish from the car id imagine it was 0.0000001miliseconds faster lol!

get me a link to this old thread lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                  you lot have lost me lol!

when i emptied the rubbish from the car id imagine it was 0.0000001miliseconds faster lol!

get me a link to this old thread lol!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...62&postcount=3

Comment

a true classic
                    Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

It is also a well known fact that to win at the traffic lights GP you get your mate to sit in the boot and kick the seat back down as you set off for that extra get up and go

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                        I agree with your point, but the car is a little quicker than the standard SXi and so I felt the SRi badges were appropriate. It only carries 1 person, Me. It has no extra weight in the car, all glove compartments, cubby holes and the boot is empty. The rear exhaust may or may not add power. It has only ever run on Optimax, I know you get more boost out if this fuel on bigger engined cars but every little helps. The tyres are always inflated to 38 PSI to give extra grip and less tyre slouch. Often I put the rear seats flat, this reduces weight. (Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice). I regularly drive with around £10 of fuel, again weight saving, and often I use engine cleaner in the fuel load to remove debris from the fuel injectors. The car is always clean improving aerodynamic progress. I have timed the 0 - 60 at 9.3 seconds, and this shaves a couple of seconds off the standard time. Hope this answers your question.
                        all i can say to that is:

i see what your on about now tho, i recon if you make the car remote control it would be faster as there is not driver to weigh it down further lol
                        Last edited by Nathan; 14 December 2008, 04:51 PM.

Comment

when i had my back stripped out the noise from the milltek was mad!! defo felt quicker aswell

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
                            when i had my back stripped out the noise from the milltek was mad!! defo felt quicker aswell
                            would be slightly quicker in sense of less weight and having a miltek but i think its the noise factor that makes you feel like your going faster

Comment

yep noise defo makes you feel like your going faster lol! saying that when i took the rear seats out i took all my sub and amp etc out and in the end it wsa around 80kg i took out so thats probaly why

Comment

Working...
                              X