This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrors.

Booked in tomorrow for a service and replacement of both mirrors under warranty, dreading it lol.

Mirrors have been sprayed up apparently, dealer has their own bodyshop. Can I reasonably expect expect the finish to be as good as factory or just average? I'm starting to think whether I should have left them as they are.

Probably wouldn't get yer hopes up..

Comment

Most dealer bodyshops aren't that great.......... but you never know, it could be a good job. If not just save up and get them re done somewhere good

Comment

Mine was fine when i had the P Side done mate only took 45 mins to change so i waited for the car
        Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Mirrors were fitted today and can say well pleased The dealer has done a superb job, in fact better than factory as the originals were a little orange peely in places. Dealer will be sending the old mirrors back to VX as its a known problem. If anyone needs something similar doing then I can recommend Vision Vauxhall at Stafford. Thanks to them.

I was parked up next to an Arctic when I collected and I feel sorry for those owners who are trying to keep them clean, looked at mine and it looked so much better

Comment

looking good mate forgot how gud they look with mirrors lol. Ill hav'ta get a pik of mine up with it plasters on.

Comment

& about time too- took the dealer long enough!

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                looking good mate forgot how gud they look with mirrors lol. Ill hav'ta get a pik of mine up with it plasters on.
                Cheers, it shouldn't take long for the mirror housings to arrive so just need to keep bugging your dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
                  & about time too- took the dealer long enough!
                  First took the car in on 6th October so over 2 months The problem apparently was not the time in getting replacements but VX's inability to supply a left and right mirror They kept sending 2 of the same

Comment

Originally posted by chester View Post
                    Cheers, it shouldn't take long for the mirror housings to arrive so just need to keep bugging your dealer
                    havnt even ordered any yet! over 300 quid and thats with my 25% vx discount! bit skint and whoever took em before got away with it once so the little feckers would have em again... looking to move somewere with a garage!! be cheaper in the long run......

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                      havnt even ordered any yet! over 300 quid and thats with my 25% vx discount! bit skint and whoever took em before got away with it once so the little feckers would have em again... looking to move somewere with a garage!! be cheaper in the long run......
                      Really sorry to hear that, I know I would be pretty gutted, I moaned to the dealer lol that they don't fold but the nice lady said yep but they do look great, thats why they get nicked I guess you will have to pay also to get them sprayed up and fitted?

Comment

funny thing is there was a couple of arden pairs on ebay week before mine got nicked,, if non come up soon (wrote off, breaking vxrs) am jus gona avta bite da bullet n pay!
                        Hopefully she ava garage to live in when new mirrors fitted.

Comment

Working...
                        X