This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redlining safe or not ?

Just a question, is it ok / safe to go into the red when peaking at gear changes, can the Corsa handle it ?
    sigpic

Thats what the red line is there for mate.

Has a limiter so you don't go on to break your engine.

Mine redlines at 7000rpm i think but i always change up at 6000rpm as thats when the turbo dies out!

SO yea mate REDLINE Away
    Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

sounds good with an exhaust fitted goes bang bang bang! wouldnt recommend doing it all the time though.. through every gear lol

Comment

i also think that the rev limiter is to take care for high rev, think that engine can go more than is limiter now, but that dont will be safe for engine i think...
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Just been giving it some today, with bluefin on and bluefin off, wanted to see if there really is a difference (see my previous posts regarding bluefin not working) can honestly say there is a difference, but not as much as i would have expected.

And yes i know ''go and visit a tuner'' to try to find the underlying problem
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
            Just been giving it some today, with bluefin on and bluefin off, wanted to see if there really is a difference (see my previous posts regarding bluefin not working) can honestly say there is a difference, but not as much as i would have expected.

And yes i know ''go and visit a tuner'' to try to find the underlying problem
            Was the car bought second hand or was it a garage test drive car, as i may have already been tuned, so hardly any difference between the old map and the new.

Comment

Bought new, but even if second hand and it was already tuned, you cant tune it again without reverting back to stock / standard, as i think your suggesting 'a tune on top of a tune' is not possible.
              sigpic

Comment

I was bouncing off the revlimiter when going round the ring
                Iv been round 16 times and my car has done 20,000 miles and the old girl just keeps on going

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                  I was bouncing off the revlimiter when going round the ring
                  Iv been round 16 times and my car has done 20,000 miles and the old girl just keeps on going
                  Why didnt you just change gear Justin there is really no need to hit the limiter as you will have run out of boost by that time...so just putting more stress on the engine than you really need to
                  sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                  Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                  Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Was concentrating that much i never really looked at the Speedo/Rev range, so was hitting the limiter on some occasions when coming up to corners ect

Comment

Originally posted by rams View Post
                      there is really no need to hit the limiter as you will have run out of boost by that time
                      Depends on the turbo

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                        Depends on the turbo
                        Now now Alex, not everyone knows you have your own, One off Turbo, thats Crazy POWERFULL

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                          Now now Alex, not everyone knows you have your own, One off Turbo, thats Crazy POWERFULL
                          It's not that crazy, just fun What better way to hold boost to 7200

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                            It's not that crazy, just fun What better way to hold boost to 7200
                            I want one lol

Well do worry i have plans for stage4 as we discussed

P.s Alex do you know anywere i can get a cheap remus?
                            Last edited by streamline; 15 December 2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Interesting question really.

I'm told that a certain tuner tells owners that they can't use full throttle for more than 5 seconds so I guess it does depend on who's tuned it?

For the record on standard or any TMS upgraded cars (inlcuding the soon to be released stage 3) can be used at full throttle all day as far as we're concerned

Comment

Working...
                              X