This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa vs WRX

Had a bit of a play tonight with one couldn't get over how well the corsa was and i'am standard for now......it was a proper WRX because you could see all the gauges and the rear diff....on accelaration it was really quick but when i get past him he just couldn't overtake me.....i always thought scoobys where just untouchable up to now,
    CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

was driving along a dual carriagway and i come past a impreza wrx i looked in my mirror and seen him coming up behind me i said to my mate hes going to eat me for dinner know lol so anyway came to a roundabout floored it off the roundabout onto a very long road and he couldnt even get near me next set of traffic lights he pulled up next to me and said bloody hell there only 1.6 aint they

but i have also lost against 1 or 2 aswell most of them are tuned i would have thought though

Comment

I was totally blown away that the corsa kept up....TOTALLY a WRX of all cars......i didn't think the corsa could get anywhere near it but it did....i tryed to flash the guy TWICE but he didn't let on......still can't get over it. can't wait to get my stage 1 remap.....is the WRX turbo charged???

Comment

yes mate turbo.. which model impreza was it

Comment

WRX writing on one side in red and WRX badged the other....2003 model with gold alloys and full scooby style factory kit...exhaust the lot....thing was on the way back i caught blown away by a VTI civic but didn't really push myself i was happy enough.

Comment

the ones i have come against are the older shape mk1 impreza.. a mate got a vti they are suprisingly quick cars but they dont beat the vxr

Comment

2003 the WRX was......i would love to see what a stage 1 corsa would be like just out of interest how quick is a 2.0L turbo Nova or corsa i heard these will beat nearly anything on the road.

Comment

very quick a mate has got a corsa with the same engine but not turbo

one with a LET engine would be mad but dangerous lol

Comment

you love your racing dont you

Comment

I have one here which i bought for 150 euro....a the 1.2 Nova fuel injected type 1993....would love to stick a redtop in or turbo.....they seem to smoke just about everything on the road the 2.0L turbo ones anyway lol

Comment

well ive raced 2litre corsas and smoked them, that was standard,
                      now im running fill zaust and linear ipf map, and was out playing with my mate in his impreza P1, he was behind me at the lights, and by the time we got to the end of the road, bout 1/4 mile or so he was just along side me i couldnt stop laughing and neither could he. his words were,, (WOW does your thing sound nice) i just laughed and said, WOW, your things slow aint it, we just laughed and that was that, so guess the little shoe box is quite quick when yer pushing it

Comment

thats funny bazza because there was a guy a while back said that daz in his stage 3 astra would never have beaten a p1

Comment

i have a 2.1 redtop corsa b with a full steel xe running on 45's! 270 bhp and revs to 9,000!

and the look when u blow this jap ***** away its priceless! best is evo and scoobys! or even better r m3's rs4's rs6's, porcshes etccc

Comment

yeh it is funny, i mean a straight line race side by side he would have bet me, but not by as much as i thought he would of, i had visions of him flying by me, but then 4 wheel drive is good for power delivery but you loose alot of ponnies through all the diffs and props, its about 40-60% you loose, my evo was running 323 at the fly and only 200 odd at the wheels, it was a serios loss, i couldnt believe it,

Comment

Most imprezas (standard anyway) just don't impress anymore, hot hatches have caught up and in some cases gone past.

The scoob WRX's are mostly built for the 0-100 dash, if you catch them on a rolling start the Corsa will be along side, and the Astras would be in front.
                              Again a P1 isn't the fastest thing out there (especially the older ones which over time have lost a bit of that power) I have met a few on the P-road and each time have left it or gone past it, so I would imagine Corsas can't be that much slower if they even are from a rolling start.

Th only standard one you don't want to go up against (apart from the homolagation ones) is the STi's, I've came up against 2 and can stay with them and the only chance I have of getting past is at extremely silly speeds.

One car I've learned to leave be is The RS4,(would love one) I've tried twice and failed miserebly, leaves me standing and is so much quicker than the E46 M3 in mid-range.

Comment

Working...
                              X