This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr tuning options

hi everyone iv just become the new owner of an arden blue corsa vxr must say what a cracking car it is especially as iv stepped up from a throttle bodied mg zr lol.

right my question is as title really im looking into what can be done to get some more bhp/torque in the new year.

the options i was looking at was as follows

dbilas flowmaster
    de restricted pre cat pipe
    remap ( prob done at midpoint garage in middlewich)

any input would be appreciated

Originally posted by blunty-vxr View Post
    hi everyone iv just become the new owner of an arden blue corsa vxr must say what a cracking car it is especially as iv stepped up from a throttle bodied mg zr lol.

right my question is as title really im looking into what can be done to get some more bhp/torque in the new year.

dbilas flowmaster

They sound like good options, more are available at a variety of tuners. Obviously MPG are close to you and come recommended. Have a search around the site for more options but one step at a time hey...
    HTH.
    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
    sigpic

Comment

dbilas flowmaster

Reckon with all three of them mods you'll achieve about 230bhp!

Comment

lovely 230bhp sounds nice and id imagine a nice hike in torque

Comment

Flowmaster is not required, but makes a nice optional extra (and looks good in the bay )

A panel filter would do the job just as well

Comment

pre cat is a must! i got some pics of the standard one compaired to a propper one today! just the pics will persuade people

sigpic

Comment

welcome here mate !

in case of map, i have in me corsa this one - and i am happy:

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                pre cat is a must! i got some pics of the standard one compaired to a propper one today! just the pics will persuade people
                yes i heard that the pre cat is a bit restrictive its all about getting them gases flowing lol.

Comment

yea mate, amazing what difference it makes especially up towards tripple figures! i dont have any bhp figures as yet but im sure they will be impressive

sigpic

Comment

dbilas flowmaster

first off welcome too the forum mate, plans sound good an Ian at midpoint will look after you well. 225-230bhp with a nice bit of torque and you'l be well on your way.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                      first off welcome too the forum mate, plans sound good an Ian at midpoint will look after you well. 225-230bhp with a nice bit of torque and you'l be well on your way.
                      cheers for the welcome , yes iv heard good things about midpoint and they are only 40-45 mins away from me. ill also eventually get a full exhaust system i was cthinking maybe a blueflame one

Comment

been speaking to my mate at gt motorsport in stoke he has remapped 3 corsa vxrs and had great results off them, all 3 were slightly different mod wise

Comment

what does the panel filter do compared to the standard one then ? how do you get the woosh sound

oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Comment

Originally posted by SDC View Post
                            what does the panel filter do compared to the standard one then ? how do you get the woosh sound

oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                            Panel filter is only about half the depth, so allows better airflow, also makes the engine sounds more audible...like the dump valve. Very good.
                            The whoosh is just the induction noises and the turbo spooling up

Comment

the courtney one being the best? so where does the induction noise eminate from ? is it because of the smaller filter?,how do i get it
                              sorry stupid questions

Comment

Working...
                              X