This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty

I'm new to the game of modifying and only just recently got my corsa vxr , what is the story with this then, you put one modification on and that invalidates your warranty or what? can someone run this through to me?

greatly appreciated,

It's a grey area... Apprently your whole warrenty isn't affected, but if your mod is to blame (like in no doubt will be) then the claim won't be covered, but may be covered by a tuner if they did the mod for you.

At least that's my understanding.

Comment

ok, how about at the first service/warranty check? if they open you bonnet and its like a maze of pipes and mods, will they respond with your warranties out the window or ur still covered on things without the warranty, i would love to mod my vxr, but that is constantly in my mind when thinking about purchasing the mods

Comment

i wanted to replace the hoses on my nurburgring and i call 4 different vauxhall dealers and they all said that it will void my warrenty. for example if i put a new hose on the turbo if the turbo **** up it will void it. alot of people say it depends who you go to. but i aint gonna take the risk on mine.

Comment

Over here, we have a deal with 2 dealers, with our remaps and all our upgrade hoses etc. Won't effect our warranty.

But you have to be part of "OPCOUPE club" ...

Comment

how do you join that?

Comment

Originally posted by hlenthallvxr View Post
              how do you join that?
              he is from Africa mate
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Read the service booklet, if I recall it mentions any non approved VX parts fitted will void your warranty, simple as that.

Doesn't mean you can't lol its your car but if you have problems and VX refuse to undertake repairs under warranty you can't blame them. I was under impression though that if a problem was attributed to non original parts fitted then the manufacturer would have to prove this to decline warranty work. Good luck on that one though.

Comment

We really need to make this sticky.

The official line is:

If you fit a non approved part and if that part causes a problem then the Vauxhall warranty will not cover that part or the parts affected by it. In other words you can bolt 300bhp to a car if you want and if your electric windows fail you will still be covered. Alternatively if you fit a filter and it kills the AMM you will not be.

Thats the law, any dealer which tries to tell you that you're 'warranty is void' if you have a set of hoses is breaking EU law and is liable to a pretty stiff fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney View Post
                    We really need to make this sticky.

The official line is:

If you fit a non approved part and if that part causes a problem then the Vauxhall warranty will not cover that part or the parts affected by it. In other words you can bolt 300bhp to a car if you want and if your electric windows fail you will still be covered. Alternatively if you fit a filter and it kills the AMM you will not be.

Thats the law, any dealer which tries to tell you that you're 'warranty is void' if you have a set of hoses is breaking EU law and is liable to a pretty stiff fine.
                    Perhaps manufacturers should put that in their service booklet lol

Comment

Working...
                    X