This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Way!

ok last nite driving back from my girlfriends with my mate as it was her birthday i was driving with the needle about 35mph and too busy talkin to ma mate i didnt see a speed camera and *flash*

im so down right now!
    because i have a rear axel to replace, a n/s stub. yesterday i got a puncture on my n/s rear wheel with a nail and had to use tire weld so i now have a n/s rear wheel to repair .... WHAT NEXT?

btw guys what u think will happen with the camera ? will i get a letter through the door ? or is there anything i can do/try ?

have a look see if the speed camera has a camera in it
    lots near me dont have them inside
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR
    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Just hope that there was no film in the camera - otherwise you will get a NIP in the next 2 weeks

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
        Just hope that there was no film in the camera - otherwise you will get a NIP in the next 2 weeks
        whats a NIP mate ?

Comment

Originally posted by RedCorsaVxr View Post
          whats a NIP mate ?
          Notice of Intended Prosecution

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
            Notice of Intended Prosecution
            is there anyway i can fight against this? by sayin im not the only person driving the vehical etc ? i will get penalty points too wont i ?

Comment

Did it flash twice?
              I appreciate a fine body regardless of the make

Comment

Originally posted by VXRlearner View Post
                Did it flash twice?
                yeah mate

Comment

well as said above your just goin to have to hope that nothing comes through no cam/film just hope your lucky, as to gettin out of points some police forces offer a speed awareness course that costs £80 and once you take it you dnt get any points but you can only take this once every 3 years.

or if for any reason you happend to have let sum1 have a lil go of your car at the time then they would get the points, but be very carefull with this one as they would have to have been insured at the time coz they check.
                  INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

You got caught yes its a ***** but at the end of the day its a £60 quid fine, 3 points and carry on with life nothing you can do

Comment

If you were doing 35ish you might be OK as I thought they allow for speedo error and then add a few mph on top of that so I think you would have to be doing about 38 to get a summons, I might be wrong, hopefully I'm not lol.

Comment

i got flashed doin 37 in a 30 last year (was on a masive duel caragie way up by burnley so not familur with the place)
                        I went an done the speed awarness course was a gud day out and did actualy learn a thing or 2.
                        If you get a letter take this option coz if your young points dont half bump up your premium! (av all ready got 3 points for doin 84 on a 40 duel caridge way in 06, by an unmarked mobile zapper) and this put my insurance up 400!

Comment

Threshold is 10% + 2mph, so 30 zone is 30 + 3 + 2 = 35, but most schemes offer driver awareness courses for those on a couple of mph over the threshold, so if your speed of 35 is correct you should get offered the speed awareness.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                            Threshold is 10% + 2mph, so 30 zone is 30 + 3 + 2 = 35, but most schemes offer driver awareness courses for those on a couple of mph over the threshold, so if your speed of 35 is correct you should get offered the speed awareness.

35mph to be zapped is a naughty speed to be done at, by that I mean a bit of a grey area, ave been done twice getting an SP 30 both times and a £60 fine i think it was. I was doing 37.2 and 38.1, both in 30mph areas. If I was you i would enquire if there is speed awareness courses, The reason i say that is because on both times when i was caught, I asked about going on the speed awareness course in Nottinghamshire and guess what, They say they don't have the money to run them. God damn Hypocrites.

The quickest way to find out would be to post your county up and ask if anyone knows if they do them in your county.

Could be worse though, I once had to go to court for doin 61.4 in a 30 on a road as wide as Heathrow runway no1. £200odd and 6 points that baby cost me.

Re 3 points costing you a lot on your insurance, I would cross that bridge when you get to it, re my insurance renewals, it went up pennies everytime. Although the insurance companies do ask for any speeding convictions, just about everyone has got one. Most companies are not interested.

Comment

Working...
                            X