X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Turbo

Alrighty folks.

Had my car in at Vauxhall yesturday to get the prolems I was having with it looked at. Have a look at this thread for the full story:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34864

So got a phone call yesturday afternoon from the garage telling me that my car needs a new turbo. They cant order the parts until tomorrow morning, wont get them until Tuesday morning, then will fit. So wont be getting the car back until late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.

All work is getting done under warranty which is nice

lets hope they dont get held up because you will be carless for several days!!

Comment

Has the turbo just failed?

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Thats a bit of a bummer just before christmas, but at least they're going to fix it under warranty.

Was the car remapped?

Comment

Nah! Car was standard but for the Remus, but as its an approved Vaux part and an approved Vaux garage fitted it, my warrenty is still valid.

Comment

Didnt your car have an IPF Map?

Turbo failure.. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by N0ddie_VXR View Post
              Alrighty folks.

All work is getting done under warranty which is nice
              And so it should do mate! Glad your prob is getting sorted at long last anyways!

Mark
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starkie View Post
                Didnt your car have an IPF Map?

Turbo failure.. Ouch!
                I did for like an hour. Took it off when Regal sent me a message saying that I had to turn down the boost. Didnt know how to do it so took it off.

Comment

Are you sure you turned it off?

Comment

Originally posted by curtly View Post
                    Are you sure you turned it off?
                    Oh yes. Was like almost 2 months ago. I never got round to getting the boost turned down, so only really took it for a test drive with the map and took it straight off.

You can feel the difference quite easy between 225bhp and 189bhp.

Comment

Have i misread ? the dealers are giving you a new turbo because the nut had come unscrewed on the actuator ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh yes. Was like almost 2 months ago. I never got round to getting the boost turned down, so only really took it for a test drive with the map and took it straight off.

Is that difference with just the map?

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                          Have i misread ? the dealers are giving you a new turbo because the nut had come unscrewed on the actuator ?
                          I thought it was gonna be that coz it looked like that was the fault. I said to the guy in the dealership, he said good research but when he got the recommendation back from the garage guys it said new turbo required.

Comment

Originally posted by wild cars View Post
                            Is that difference with just the map?
                            Aye definately. It still gave u that kick up the back behind when gunning it. It just lost all power last Monday on the way to work.

Comment

You only need to turn the actuator boost down when fitting a down pipe, I believe...
                              Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X