This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUSTY doors???

ive just been doing my weekly clean of the car and when cleaning along the underside inside of the doors. theres 3 holes along the bottom i think they are for water to drain what gets in at the base of the window, and if you look in them it looks as if it rusting inside??
    do you think this is just me being paranoid???

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
    ive just been doing my weekly clean of the car and when cleaning along the underside inside of the doors. theres 3 holes along the bottom i think they are for water to drain what gets in at the base of the window, and if you look in them it looks as if it rusting inside??
    I would be surprised if its rust unless your drain holes have been blocked. I'm pretty sure the doors are rustproofed with wax at the factory as it was running out of the drainholes on mine when new. Wax can go from yellowy to orange over time as it hardens. Only way to know for sure is take the door panels off and have a poke inside.

Comment

No mate it's dye! When I was waiting for my plate change my car was at Lookers Ellesmere Port for nearly 2 weeks and I went there to show a mate and it had 3 (what looked like drips of rust). I then asked the guy in the sales department and he assured me it was dye off the car!

Hope that put's your mind at rest?

Mark
      sigpic

Comment

yeah i knew they get sprayed with sealant (as i workin in the eport bodyshop )
        Just looked rusty colour an wonderd if any1s just looked blue not drippy orange.
        Just over protective of my baby. Especialy since she was mugged of mirrors.!

Comment

yeah i knew they get sprayed with sealant (as i workin in the eport bodyshop )
          Just looked rusty colour an wonderd if any1s just looked blue not drippy orange.
          Just over protective of my baby. Especialy since she was mugged of mirrors.!
          Ah you could help me out then as I'm due to go to Lookers in the Morning as I have noticed a chip in my paintwork on the top of the bonnet at the windscreen end! Will Vauxhall try and say it's a chip off the road?

I have only had the car 3 weeks or so!

Well ****** off, and to top it all of I have been washing my car today and found that some **** has opened their car door onto mine, so will have to pay to get that done.

Mark
          sigpic

Comment

well i work in the factory mate...
            But unless it paint peeling the warrenty wont cover it i dont think. They allright at that eport lookers so they might sort ya out.

Comment

It will just be the Wax oil it is that rusty brown colour any way.................. Proberly to hide any rust that dose come through

Don't wourry it's a Vauxhall not a Ford

Comment

well i work in the factory mate...
                But unless it paint peeling the warrenty wont cover it i dont think. They allright at that eport lookers so they might sort ya out.
                Yeah they said they wanna keep me happy so see what happens tomorrow
                sigpic

Comment

Atleast your dealer is trying to sort it out! Mine is not answering their phones!

I also got a scratch (Key scratch) on my fender. And a nail in my tyre!

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                    Yeah they said they wanna keep me happy so see what happens tomorrow
                    Well went there today and they said it was prob a chip off the road!!!

They said I can either leave it or I can get booked in to be sprayed over. As a good will gesture they are willing to pay for half of it, which I suppose is kind enough?

He has also said if I don't want to get it now and it gets any worse the offer off 50% payment will still stand!!

Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X