X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damage...

just noticed a problem on my arctic...

when you open the boot, you have that flappy thing which is attached with strings either side well it seems there should be a sticker on the underside of that and it isnt there, and all the cloth material is ripped as if it has been pulled off. preety bad actually,,,

what should i do please?

If I were u I would take it back to the dealer 2moro!

Comment

so would i

Comment

the dealer is like 150 miles away :/

if i give them a ring do you think i could deal with another local garage?

Comment

Originally posted by hornby View Post
          the dealer is like 150 miles away :/

if i give them a ring do you think i could deal with another local garage?
          yes you can tell to dealer that you just now noticed that the car is also missing all wheels and also radio, steering wheel, seats - and also local garage make you qoute for 7000 GBP - if they will be so polite and send you money asap.

sorry mate 150 is not so far, go and sort it with them there - think is best solution...
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by hornby View Post
            just noticed a problem on my arctic...

when you open the boot, you have that flappy thing which is attached with strings either side well it seems there should be a sticker on the underside of that and it isnt there, and all the cloth material is ripped as if it has been pulled off. preety bad actually,,,

what should i do please?
            Are you talking bout the parcel shelf?

Comment

like the boot lid, you know the thing which is connected to the boot tailgate itself using a string on each end. you can take it out and that if you want.

there should be a sticker on it but it anit there and the material is very badly ripped. but because its hidden away i have just noticed now... :/

infact astons from me is like 250 miles away or sumit so i cant just pop back in and say look.

Comment

Ahem....is your problem that a sticker is missing????
                Do you have the lower parcel shelve?

Comment

yes i have the lower parcel shelf... i think your missing the point,,

the place where the sticker should be is badly and i mean badly damaged, checked my cousins corsa and there should defo be a sticker there.

Comment

it might better if you just post a picture so every 1 can see what your on about and astons can see it with out having to drive there.

Comment

Sticker for what? Is it the end of the world it not being there? Fair point with the damage, give them a ring in the morning. Speak to the sales man first!
                      sigpic

CORSA VXR
                      -
                      Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
                      Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

yeah its called a parcel shelf mate was just confussed never heard it called a 'flappy thing'
                        Probley not worth a 500mile drive be fun though.

Comment

retrim the parcel shelf or get another sticker from your local stealers to cover the damage?
                          sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
                          Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
                          0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

i do know what sticker you mean thou it tells you how to remove the shelf. Ad just leave it think of the weight loss you go quicker.

Comment

How many cars have you seen in your life ? surely you know what a parcel shelf is ? Never seen a 'sticker' on any before, but if the covering is coming off then ring the dealer tomorrow.

It appears that your car was delivered to the dealer minus a parcel shelf and they have slotted an old one in, definatly complain.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X