This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corsa vs clio 172

had a play with a clio tonight he had 3 people in his car and it was the one with the twin exhaust on and he wiped the floor with me!!!! how fast are these things? raced a couple before and slowly got away but the corsa isnt realy much faster then them is it?
    Arden corsa Vxr = TMS stage 2=(227.8BHP)

twin exhaust is 182 quick cars very equal to the corsa i would imagine.. clio probs lighter but less torque at a guess

Comment

not much in it power wise unless hes had a turbo conversion done then bye bye...remap only puts avg 9 bhp on it im sure... they handle great tho

Comment

clios defo less torque

Comment

if it was a 182 then quick little car...mate has one...its a litlle weapon...handles really well
          sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
          Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
          Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

we came of a slip road and i couldnt shake him it sounded amazing when it went past. i did have my gd hitting me in the arm telling me to slow down like that didnt help the gear changes!........... plus we had just been for a chinese so a bit more extra weight haha
            Arden corsa Vxr = TMS stage 2=(227.8BHP)

Comment

were the exhausts in the middle or at the side??

Comment

i managed to keep up with one in my 197 but they are really light which helps big time and when they hit the 5500 rpm theyre off

Comment

5've played with on before (2 pipes in the middle, whatever one that is), didn't pose a problem really, they're pretty even, except the Clio is so rough around the edges and it looked like his teeth we're going to rattle out when I went past him!

Comment

Not having a dig or anything mate but rising to that is unacceptable especailly with the GF in the car if you love n cherish her you would never ever put her in danger. I never put my foot down when my GF is in the car even worse when we have the lil one in the back. I only play when its me in the car.

Oh and clios no problem with me
                    Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

My mate just bought a 172 so we had a little play the other day.

we had a rolling start at about 20mph 2nd gear i pulled away until his power kicked in at higher revs he then started gaining on me but it was pretty much neck and neck, mine was standard he was running 179bhp with race exhaust so standard to standard think i would of just had it.

we were mainly just going round the twisties and they sure do handle well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                        Not having a dig or anything mate but rising to that is unacceptable especailly with the GF in the car if you love n cherish her you would never ever put her in danger. I never put my foot down when my GF is in the car even worse when we have the lil one in the back. I only play when its me in the car.

Oh and clios no problem with me
                        what is the difference between going 70 down a motorway with your gf in the car and racing in a straight line up to similar speeds?

fair comment if you are stupid enough to race down lanes etc but you have to be pretty stupid to make something bad out of a straight drag race.

Comment

Originally posted by farrell123 View Post
                          we came of a slip road and i couldnt shake him it sounded amazing when it went past. i did have my gd hitting me in the arm telling me to slow down like that didnt help the gear changes!........... plus we had just been for a chinese so a bit more extra weight haha
                          ow dear

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

i was under the impression the 182s are similar speeds to 197, albeit the 197 has a lil more power but is also heavier.

Heading home from a course in Newcastle at 2am I had a play with a 197 down the A1 a while back and he couldnt keep up with me

I guess the 182 you encountered could be modified, if it has a turbo conversion it would wipe the floor with you (astra territory) so perhaps just throttle bodies or summot

Comment

the 182's...are dam quick....and if drivin properly would easily keep up if not beat a corsa on the twisty stuff....maybe not on the straights....it would be close tho

Comment

Working...
                              X