X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil sump plug question

Hi all,

Next weekend my car should be hitting 1000 miles and I will be changing the oil and oil filter. I was wondering what type the oil sump plug is i.e socket, torx etc.. as I don't really wanna go outside in the freezing cold just to take a look.

Does anyone know the answer to this for definate?

Thanks
    Mark
    sigpic

It will be a female torx, they all are these days.

Dont forget to buy a new o ring, loads of people use them again and again, but, sods law says, if you dot have one, you will need one!!

Comment

It's female torx for the sump and hex nut for the filter.
      sigpic

CORSA VXR
      -
      Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
      Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGSi View Post
        It will be a female torx, they all are these days.

Dont forget to buy a new o ring, loads of people use them again and again, but, sods law says, if you dot have one, you will need one!!
        I'm guessing this is the seal I got with the filter that I got from my local stealer?

Originally posted by merve84 View Post
        It's female torx for the sump and hex nut for the filter.
        Got any sizes there mate?
        sigpic

Comment

is it the big black plastic female nut?

Comment

Think it's 45 torx for sump and maybe 32 for the big plastic nut. Don't quote me there mate it's 6k ago I did mine.
            sigpic

CORSA VXR
            -

Comment

Cheers, mate I guess I will have to get under there after all!
              sigpic

Comment

Im doing an oil change on mine tomorrow, every 5k i change mine after the initial 1k dump.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
                  Im doing an oil change on mine tomorrow, every 5k i change mine after the initial 1k dump.
                  Matt I don't suppose you can tell me what size tools I would need to get out to remove and replace the oil filter and oil?

Mark
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                    Matt I don't suppose you can tell me what size tools I would need to get out to remove and replace the oil filter and oil?

Mark
                    Exactly as merve has posted mate, i know for def its a torx45 for the sump but i cant remember the socket size required for the oil filter as it was 5k ago i done mine lol. I used my tap spanner on mine so ive no idea what socket size but i thought it was around the 25mm. Either way its a large socket required buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
                      Exactly as merve has posted mate, i know for def its a torx45 for the sump but i cant remember the socket size required for the oil filter as it was 5k ago i done mine lol. I used my tap spanner on mine so ive no idea what socket size but i thought it was around the 25mm. Either way its a large socket required buddy.
                      Yeah mate thought it was a very large socket, kinda like the new mini cooper when I done a service on my mates one for him!
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing this is the seal I got with the filter that I got from my local stealer?

The large o ring that you got with the filter will be for the cap, not the sump bolt, they are a separate part and cost about 30p IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGSi View Post
                          The large o ring that you got with the filter will be for the cap, not the sump bolt, they are a separate part and cost about 30p IIRC
                          Ah right I know what you mean now!
                          sigpic

Comment

They are about the same size on a new mini mate I'm sure I used the same socket on my cooper s as my corsa. Yea as said the big o ring is for the filter cap and you need a small one for the plug. I got a couple of filters to save going back all the time.
                            sigpic

CORSA VXR
                            -

Comment

Ah right I know what you mean now!
                              I bought a few last time I changed the oil in mine, so I have got a few spares if you are desperate for one. let me know if you need one.

Comment

Working...
                              X