This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPF anyone using one of these?

I'm interested as i read they are now doing an economy map aswell as performance!

How do you use them?

Originally posted by curtly View Post
    I'm interested as i read they are now doing an economy map aswell as performance!

How do you use them?
    Just plug into your computer to set the ipf and run the software then plug into your car to get vehicles id then plug back into computer to upload the tune you want onto the ipf then plug back into car to download the tune to car then plug back into computer to verify transaction....job done!!

the economy map sucks imo......

Comment

Anyone got any figures?

Comment

its not realy an economy map its just the map you are running with the full throttle position hidden

Comment

Originally posted by colinm2 View Post
          its not realy an economy map its just the map you are running with the full throttle position hidden
          not quite true !! it is a seperate map altogether and will be the map you run withthe sports button off ( and IS a economy map ) then the higher bhp map with the sports button engaged .
          Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-blacksheep View Post
            not quite true !! it is a seperate map altogether and will be the map you run withthe sports button off ( and IS a economy map ) then the higher bhp map with the sports button engaged .
            My map is like that, without sport on the car feels smooth and very relaxed but when you press sport on it goes mental.

Dont no bout the corsa tho because you obvo dont have a sport button but a can say the ipf unit is very good and regal are good at helping you out with any problems
            sigpic
            Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
            And now have an
            Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
            Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

opps lol didn t relise we taking corsa but am 99.9% sure its a totally seperate map for the economy one . im down regal a couple of times a week so will ask the question , although i probably already know the anwser
              Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Economy map aka standard map???????

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

how can the ecu hold 2 fuel maps? all the sport button does is alter the throttle map not a fuel map.

Comment

how can the ecu hold 2 fuel maps? all the sport button does is alter the throttle map not a fuel map.
                    wrong again bud , on the astra the sports button has been programed two hold to different maps , as im running a 240bhp and a 280 bhp ( two totally different maps ) using the same throttle posistion its what Regal do

Comment

i've try all tha map in phase1, and the most economical map is the NR 235 340Nm. You can drive it slowly, you can run it easily,and you you have good power increase

Comment

This was posted by jon at courtenays

It is a common missconception that when cars are mapped switchable that 2 maps are installed. This is not the case (with anyones maps), with the sport button disegaged the ECU will never see full throttle from the pedal even if the pedal is pushed right into the carpet. The ECU only ever see's a percentage of full throttle. This is tunable to any percentage to increse or decrease the power outout when not in sport mode.

Cheers Jon

Comment

This was posted by jon at courtenays

It is a common missconception that when cars are mapped switchable that 2 maps are installed. This is not the case (with anyones maps), with the sport button disegaged the ECU will never see full throttle from the pedal even if the pedal is pushed right into the carpet. The ECU only ever see's a percentage of full throttle. This is tunable to any percentage to increse or decrease the power outout when not in sport mode.

Cheers Jon

" OBD serial port programming power gains to 275bhp With 300 ft lbs torque. All maps come with power switch to alternate between 240bhp (standard) and the 275 bhp power map with the sports button engaged.

The ONLY software available anywhere to incorporate this unique feature! "

obviously this goes for any of there ipf maps

i ll be asking the questions next time im down there but i m pretty sure this is the case .

Comment

i thought the corsa didn`t have a sport button just an overboost button which lasts for 5 seconds i think that map is for the astra vxr, i know ppl have the map so it`s normal power but when u have the sport button in it goes mental

Comment

Originally posted by reunionvxr View Post
                              i've try all tha map in phase1, and the most economical map is the NR 235 340Nm. You can drive it slowly, you can run it easily,and you you have good power increase
                              Hi,
                              The NR 235 340Nm map is more economical than the NR 235 330Nm LINEAR map ?

The NR 235 340Nm map is much more brutal ?

Do you know the Boost level for this 2 maps ?

Comment

Working...
                              X