• Show
Clear All

• Corsa VXR vx Clio 197

Hows this for not making sense

5th Gears input

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GjL_AyuhJnc

And then Autocar's input.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EhCIzu...eature=related

so which is fastest then. Interesting that both choose circuits that favour one more than the other. Cadwell is very tight and obviously favours the clio, wheras the more open goodwood circuit obviously favours the Corsa

Interesting how choosing the ciruit you test the car on, can favour the results

Either that or 5th gear have been indulding in some more pointless VXR bashing, Which we all know they're a bit partial to.

Well the one i went up against (std vs std) i walked away from him easily.

Perhaps he was a **** driver

Comment

I chose my VXR over the clio 197 tbh I just don't like em!
      sigpic

Comment

Being french was enough to put me off the clio
        Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

The engineering that goes into those Renaultsport jobbies is a bit tasty but i don't know if i could trust a French car.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
            The engineering that goes into those Renaultsport jobbies is a bit tasty but i don't know if i could trust a French car.
            It was always the gearbox's for me when i had peugeots that kept going, french could never make me one that lasted more than 2 years

Comment

I had a test drive of both the new and old 197 before I bought the corsa and I was more impressed with the older version, felt quicker to me. Didn't really have the chance to check the much talked about handeling but it didn't impress me at all, thing that really turned me off was that at 70mph it was doing doing more than 4000rpm and being a 2ltr mustn't be good for the wallet. Lovely sound though

Comment

we have a 197 in are family, and as above, at 70mph the revs are quite high, but the average mpgs on it are 29mpg, lovely sound and great to drive my dad loves it and so do i

but i want a vxr :P

Comment

Over here in SA, we have a limited edition of the Clio 197, it's called the R27 edition.

But i want my OPC

Comment

they have the R27 F1 edition here also.

quite what that has to do with this thread im not sure, but still,
                    Last edited by MrLOL; 30 December 2008, 12:35 PM.

Comment

In a straight line the standard 197 is no match for the Corsa. I doubt they even make 197bhp TBH, the 182 & 172's never made their quoted power figure.
                      I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLOL View Post
                        they have the R27 F1 edition here also.

quite what that has to do with this thread im not sure, but still,
                        Because, That's what they compared to the OPC.

R27 F1 vs Corsa OPC. They say that these 2 are more similar and comparible than the normal 197. As they have sport seat and etc etc...

That's why posted this on this thread!

Comment

the car featured in the video was the Clio Cup, not the R27 edition. Granted the R27 is a Clio Cup with extra

but the R27 is different model, hence my confusion as to where it came from.
                          Last edited by MrLOL; 30 December 2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

the 197s are rubbish cars in my opinion having just had one.... they handle superbly tho! the f1 edition has the diff seats and better tweaked suspension.

Comment

The clio 197 F1 was my other choice when looking for a new car.... but never even went to see one cant comment on drivability/performance as never driven clio 197 but I prefer the look of the corsa vxr, and could not bring myself to contemplate buying a renault.... like there new TV advert (I never thought Id... pmsl).

Final nail in its coffin is when I took CorsaVXR for test drive..... loved it n never looked back (apart from at all the cars I overtake )
                              2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                              2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                              Originally posted by Flinty
                              as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Working...
                              X