This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLIFFORD or COBRA

I am going to get my alarm upgraded and have had 2 quotes of similar price, 1 is cobra and one is clifford, they both have dual proxmity warn away sensors and tilt sensors, plus all entry points covered. both use original key, cobra one comes with free mobile fitting and cliffords needs to go to garage.

Which is the best alarm to get?

I had the clifford fitted mate and have not had any problems with it, would highly recomend it! Cant comment on the cobra as i have never seen one in action! Lew
    Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
    Future mods: springs....

Comment

Get neither... if someone tries to nick it do you want it back? or get new one off insurance?
      2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
      2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
      Originally posted by Flinty
      as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
        Get neither... if someone tries to nick it do you want it back? or get new one off insurance?
        Most people would prefer prevention rather than cure. If they see/know that you have upgraded security, it may be more likely to be left alone, or at least only minor damage done if you are warned earlier.

Oh, and don't get me started on insurance companies.

Comment

Originally posted by gizbod View Post
          I am going to get my alarm upgraded and have had 2 quotes of similar price, 1 is cobra and one is clifford, they both have dual proxmity warn away sensors and tilt sensors, plus all entry points covered. both use original key, cobra one comes with free mobile fitting and cliffords needs to go to garage.

hope u dont mind me asking, what price have u been quoted?

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
            I would rather it is not stolen in the first place and im more worried about it being broken into than stolen.

£400 for clifford all in cobra was £375 all in.

Comment

I ( Well Vauxhall Customer Care ) paid £350 for a complete clifford alarm install , this includes warn away sensors , tilt and motion sensors aswell as the upgrade to Cat1 inc. interior sensors . This was done by a company call Motorguard http://www.motorguarduk.co.uk/ they offer a full mobile service

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
                I ( Well Vauxhall Customer Care ) paid £350 for a complete clifford alarm install , this includes warn away sensors , tilt and motion sensors aswell as the upgrade to Cat1 inc. interior sensors . This was done by a company call Motorguard http://www.motorguarduk.co.uk/ they offer a full mobile service
                I checked them out but I thought i read the cat 1 alarms need to be fitted at there branch in birmingham.

anyway i have now booked to have the clifford fitted next week. with the dual proxy sensors and tilt sensors added, not quite £350 but close enough.

Comment

Non mate get a Toad!

Pm me for any more info!
                  sigpic

Comment

Do Toad do a canbus system ?

Comment

I checked them out but I thought i read the cat 1 alarms need to be fitted at there branch in birmingham.

anyway i have now booked to have the clifford fitted next week. with the dual proxy sensors and tilt sensors added, not quite £350 but close enough.
                      You won't be dissapointed with the alarm and £400 may be the current price now as mine was fitted in the first half of this year before the credit crunch etc.

Comment

Clifford all day long !

Comment

i got a toad on mine, the bloke who does vauxhalls done me it for £150 all in cat 1. cant complain had no problems, touch wood

Comment

i work with cobra alarms day in day out and tbh i pull off more cliffords then i fit

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
                              Do Toad do a canbus system ?
                              haven't got a clue tbh mate!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X