Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spanner Light!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spanner Light!!

    Hi guys,

    I have read alot recently of Corsa VXR's having the spanner light appear on the dash, well it happened to me last night. Changing gear at high revs the car hesitated and it felt like something "went". The spanner light then came on but went out after the revs dropped to cruising level...

    It seems to come on when it revs past 2.5k rpm but then disappears if just idling.

    Also, when I start the car it will cut out, but if I give it some revs it will eventually idle normally and drive fine except for a lack of power and the spanner light comes on over 2.5k rpm (ish).

    Vauxhall can't see it until next Wednesday and I do alot of work mileage, can anyone post pics of where to look for these pipes that can come off? I've had a look but everything seems in order.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Cheers.
    Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

    Now a VW Scirocco

  • #2
    its down the back of the engine mate! i believe the pipe off the fuel pressure regulator will lead you to it!

    sigpic


    Comment


    • #3
      here ya go

      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10733

      sigpic


      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for that Gary, I had been searching for ages but couldn't find any pics! I will have a look ASAP.

        Cheers
        Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

        Now a VW Scirocco

        Comment


        • #5
          i reckon the amm has gone pop best get it checked at vxl soon and don't ragg it
          for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            could be the amm also the cold weather is making the cars boost higher.

            Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
              could be the amm also the cold weather is making the cars boost higher.
              Your telling me mate

              -5.5 here
              Corsa Has Left The Building

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nath View Post
                Your telling me mate

                -5.5 here
                ye my cars crazy in this weather, just lovvvvvvveeeesssssssssssss the cold

                Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't even bother putting my foot down as i cannot get any grip

                  Bet its a whole different story for you and wayne

                  DANCING ON ICE

                  Corsa Has Left The Building

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    I don't even bother putting my foot down as i cannot get any grip

                    Bet its a whole different story for you and wayne

                    DANCING ON ICE

                    Ye not driven my car much last few weeks, scetchy at times but soooo much fun, just tapping the right pedal really

                    Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Quick update, car was with Vauxhall today, turns out to be the AMM, common problem by the looks of it!

                      I just want to say thanks to Adam at Skurrays Vauxhall, Swindon, got it looked at very quickly and will be sorted tomorrow morning! Not many dealers get praise on this forum, bout time a good job was commended. Top work!
                      Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

                      Now a VW Scirocco

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by samwell View Post
                        Quick update, car was with Vauxhall today, turns out to be the AMM, common problem by the looks of it!

                        I just want to say thanks to Adam at Skurrays Vauxhall, Swindon, got it looked at very quickly and will be sorted tomorrow morning! Not many dealers get praise on this forum, bout time a good job was commended. Top work!
                        They're open on 2nd January and on a Saturday
                        That is impressive service.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X