X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanner Light!!

Hi guys,

I have read alot recently of Corsa VXR's having the spanner light appear on the dash, well it happened to me last night. Changing gear at high revs the car hesitated and it felt like something "went". The spanner light then came on but went out after the revs dropped to cruising level...

It seems to come on when it revs past 2.5k rpm but then disappears if just idling.

Also, when I start the car it will cut out, but if I give it some revs it will eventually idle normally and drive fine except for a lack of power and the spanner light comes on over 2.5k rpm (ish).

Vauxhall can't see it until next Wednesday and I do alot of work mileage, can anyone post pics of where to look for these pipes that can come off? I've had a look but everything seems in order.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers.
    Used to be a Black Corsa VXR

Now a VW Scirocco

its down the back of the engine mate! i believe the pipe off the fuel pressure regulator will lead you to it!

sigpic

Comment

here ya go

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10733

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that Gary, I had been searching for ages but couldn't find any pics! I will have a look ASAP.

Cheers

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

i reckon the amm has gone pop best get it checked at vxl soon and don't ragg it
          for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

could be the amm also the cold weather is making the cars boost higher.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
            www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
              could be the amm also the cold weather is making the cars boost higher.
              Your telling me mate

-5.5 here
              Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                Your telling me mate

-5.5 here
                ye my cars crazy in this weather, just lovvvvvvveeeesssssssssssss the cold

www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

I don't even bother putting my foot down as i cannot get any grip

Bet its a whole different story for you and wayne

DANCING ON ICE

Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    I don't even bother putting my foot down as i cannot get any grip

Bet its a whole different story for you and wayne

DANCING ON ICE

Ye not driven my car much last few weeks, scetchy at times but soooo much fun, just tapping the right pedal really

www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Quick update, car was with Vauxhall today, turns out to be the AMM, common problem by the looks of it!

I just want to say thanks to Adam at Skurrays Vauxhall, Swindon, got it looked at very quickly and will be sorted tomorrow morning! Not many dealers get praise on this forum, bout time a good job was commended. Top work!

Now a VW Scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by samwell View Post
                        Quick update, car was with Vauxhall today, turns out to be the AMM, common problem by the looks of it!

I just want to say thanks to Adam at Skurrays Vauxhall, Swindon, got it looked at very quickly and will be sorted tomorrow morning! Not many dealers get praise on this forum, bout time a good job was commended. Top work!
                        They're open on 2nd January and on a Saturday
                        That is impressive service.

Comment

Working...
                        X