This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decisions

carbonskin bonnet or roof what you reckon?

I would do the roof, as it looks more central. If you just do the bonnet, then i would do both.

Comment

Roof, not too keen on the bonnet myself.

Comment

just get the roof done, less is more and all that
        VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Tacky imo
          Your car right enough so if you like it go for it
          sigpic

Comment

just the roof luke, not the bonnet
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

I can't see the point of rapping a car up in fake carbon fibre. It's either real carbon which makes it a touch sad (but cool at the same time) or it isn't real and is just plain embarrassing. It's like walking around with your pants on the outside.
              But if you have to have it on you car, I would put it on the roof. That way no one will see it.
              sigpic
              Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
              TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVXR View Post
                I can't see the point of rapping a car up in fake carbon fibre. It's either real carbon which makes it a touch sad (but cool at the same time) or it isn't real and is just plain embarrassing. It's like walking around with your pants on the outside.
                But if you have to have it on you car, I would put it on the roof. That way no one will see it.
                pmsl I agree entirely

plus think of the loss in power with the extra weight lol
                2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                Originally posted by Flinty
                as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

gloss black would look better than carbon
                  VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                  http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Spend the monies on a performance mod!

Comment

do both and get the rear diffuser done to... i aint seen that done yet and i got it priced at 125..........

Comment

If your'e going for it, best to get both the bonnet and roof done IMO. I'm booked into Carbon Skin next week lol.

Comment

It's a tacky superficial mod IMO, Thorney are apparently bringing out a REAL carbon fibre bonnet if I was going for any I would hold out for that. At least it will be light weight, and you can paint (most) carbon fibre back to the stock car colour. If you dont want it to stand out.

Comment

gloss black roof to match the wheels.

then wait for a proper carbon bonnet. If you gonna do it, do it properly. Grill carbon dipped by daz would look ace aswell.

Comment

defo enquire about the rear diffuser it will look amazing (IMO) on the silver mate. and if you getting your roof and bonnet or either you might get a deal on having the lot done.

Comment

Working...
                              X