• Show
Clear All

• what is this? and what does it do??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eco-Power-Boos...1%7C240%3A1318
    sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
    Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
    0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Dont waste you cash mate, had one on my little pug 205 i did not see any imporvement, just made a horrible noise when it sucks in air. Quite funny actually because my pug failed its MOT because he said i had a noisy exhaust baffle! when it was this thing sucking in air!
    Last thing the corsa needs is another irritating noise!
    Lew
    Last edited by lewisfirth; 1 January 2009, 10:36 PM.
    Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
    Future mods: springs....

Comment

its a scam, nothing less.

Comment

I laugh at these.

I laugh even harder when Ppl actually purchase items like these!

Comment

lol i was nva gna buy 1 i just wanted 2 know wt it did. but it doesnt seem like many ppl favour it lol.
          sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
          Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
          0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

thier is so much rubbish sold on ebay, saying it helps your performance

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_Vxr View Post
              thier is so much rubbish sold on ebay, saying it helps your performance
              The funny thing is that, they actually sell lol

Comment

Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                The funny thing is that, they actually sell lol
                I know, there most be alot of disppointed people out there

Comment

It was actually featured in the Max Power mag and they gave it a great review! which is the reason i purchased one, but it was pants!
                  Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
                  Future mods: springs....

Comment

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
                    It was actually featured in the Max Power mag and they gave it a great review! which is the reason i purchased one, but it was pants!
                    You being funny right?

lols

Comment

Basicly it creates a swirl in the air when it sucks it in.

Here is some info

ACT 1 - Better acceleration
                      Used by tuners of performance engines and on number of competitive touring and sports cars the Ecotek incorporates the same swirl technology now commonly used in racing engines.The effect of the CB-26P is to create a better suspension of fuel molecules in the mixture you get an improvement in the combustion process making acceleration smoother and more rapid! Turbulence in the inlet manifold (as produced by the CB-26P)is also known to reduce flat spots as well as the effects of performance tuning through high lift cams and competition exhaust systems!

FACT 2 - Fuel savings of upto 29.7%
                      You will notice a significant improvement in petrol consumption - especially at motorway speeds. Independent figures and real world tests show that, on anything other than the very newest vehicles, improvements in petrol consumption of 15% are commonplace! At speeds of 80 mph engineers Evans Halshaw actually recorded fuel savings of 29.7%!

FACT 3 - Less carbon deposits
                      With the Ecotek less carbon equals less exhaust and engine corrosion.With the Ecotek your engine, spark plugs and expensive exhaust system run at peak efficiency for longer, so it pays to go green!

FACT 4 - We are still paying the highest fuel prices in Europe!
                      This needs no explanation. Get one today!

Comment

Originally posted by jinx View Post
                        Basicly it creates a swirl in the air when it sucks it in.

Here is some info

ACT 1 - Better acceleration
                        Used by tuners of performance engines and on number of competitive touring and sports cars the Ecotek incorporates the same swirl technology now commonly used in racing engines.The effect of the CB-26P is to create a better suspension of fuel molecules in the mixture you get an improvement in the combustion process making acceleration smoother and more rapid! Turbulence in the inlet manifold (as produced by the CB-26P)is also known to reduce flat spots as well as the effects of performance tuning through high lift cams and competition exhaust systems!

FACT 2 - Fuel savings of upto 29.7%
                        You will notice a significant improvement in petrol consumption - especially at motorway speeds. Independent figures and real world tests show that, on anything other than the very newest vehicles, improvements in petrol consumption of 15% are commonplace! At speeds of 80 mph engineers Evans Halshaw actually recorded fuel savings of 29.7%!

FACT 3 - Less carbon deposits
                        With the Ecotek less carbon equals less exhaust and engine corrosion.With the Ecotek your engine, spark plugs and expensive exhaust system run at peak efficiency for longer, so it pays to go green!

FACT 4 - We are still paying the highest fuel prices in Europe!
                        This needs no explanation. Get one today!

ya ever sell any goods on ebay jinx lol

sigpic

Comment

these things are a joke.

Comment

i had something like this on my impreza, and i got 30 miles extra out of a tank when doing motorway miles, so it seemed to work

Comment

Working...
                            X