This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeky Brakes in This Cold Weather

as most of you know its been mega freezin cold the last few weeks. for the last few days its been minus degress ive got in the car and drove about an when i come to brake it squeels quite alot :O when they warm up it stops :S

anyone else had this

Well i get the same thing happen on mine, i checked for piglets hiding in the wheel arch but none to be found so i put it down to rust settling on the disks over night and wearing away under first braking
    Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

Im getting this issue too.

Comment

Could be a bit of road salt/grit on your discs, once they are warmed up they should be ok.

Comment

It does go away on mine, i was driving last night and after being on a dual carridgeway i braked and it sqeaked again but only for about 2 secs. be fine dude
          Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

All VX brakes squeak... its there trademark lol Seriously though, they are known to squeak... but if you are worried get them checked at garage... they are one of the more important things to keep working
            2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
            2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
            Originally posted by Flinty
            as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Yep all VX brakes squeak . I changed my pads about 2 months ago because of the noise , i fitted some ebc greenstuff pads and finally the squeak has gone

Comment

Yep get the same thing squeaky brakes not only in the cold

Comment

Mine seem a lil soft recently, and not so much squeek, but grate at slow speeds. Could be on their way out I guess.

But I had the car in for the ABS recall a couple of weeks back and they did a free healthcheck at the same time, and they said the brakes where fine!

Comment

yeah was gonna post about this but somoens beat me to it, glad its just not mine

Comment

lately mine are squeaking all the time even when not braking

Comment

Mine have only just started squeaking during this cold snap, they have been fine otherwise.

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm havent noticed mine squeel like ill see if i can hear it later when im driving.
                          Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                            Mmmmmmmmmm havent noticed mine squeel like ill see if i can hear it later when im driving.
                            Nath believe me you would hear them squeak if they were squeaking , they drove me mad as the squeak was that loud i was embarassed to brake in town because people would look at you funny , where i like them to jump with the pop and bang of the remus

Comment

Mine are awfull atm even when warmed up, crappy vauxhall

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                              www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X