• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geneva Motor Show pics + vxr video

http://www.worldcarfans.com
    Owned a Corsa VXR once upon a time.

The Video does look good!

Ill get some mroe pics up Thursday night when i get back from the advance preview!

Comment

is it just me or was anyone hoping that it would sound a lot better? :?

I've read about Vauxhall working with Remus to get the exhaust note just right but I didn't hear anything that excited me there. Not what I wanted given that the new Type R sounds immense.

Thoughts anyone?
      Prospective Corsa VXR owner.

Comment

Is that the full leather in that bad boy??

Hoped it would've been a little bit lower too!

Nothing is really gonna compete standard with the a honda when it hits 'tec! I hate hondas tho!

Comment

Zaust most people will change anyway look at the success they had with the milltek.

All cars need lowering so ride height is not an issue.

What do people think about the silver valance at the rear not being black like pre-production models??

Comment

Originally posted by TJ CorsaVXR

What do people think about the silver valance at the rear not being black like pre-production models??
            Never even noticed that til you mentioned it there! Prefer it being black, but was it not just black plastic on the pre-production model and not painted?

Comment

i would say yeh it was just black plastic and this is vaux who change things often

Comment

will most people change the exhaust though?

I know it's a mod for 1.2 ltr owners and the like but are vxr owners really going to change? Would it even be possible given the triangular shape this time around?

I was hoping that the vxr will be able to hold its own against the new/'old' type R - I still think (hope) there wouldn't be much in it

Comment

Wouldnt have to change the rear section (the triangle bit) just from turbo (downpipe replacing pre-cat) and the CAT to a sports cat like tha milltek system does on the astra, no need then to change the rear section.

Comment

ahh not quite up to speed with cats and pre cats

Comment

pre CAT is a small catalitic converter before the main CAT (catalitic converter) sports cat doesnt convert as much of the bad stuff as the normal road one would before it comes out the back end of the car and a sports cat also allows the gasses to pass through the exhaust quicker

Comment

cheers for that mate :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Martin_M
                          will most people change the exhaust though?

I know it's a mod for 1.2 ltr owners and the like but are VXR owners really going to change? Would it even be possible given the triangular shape this time around?
                          The 1.2 etc owners all go for a big huge back box, with a massive tail pipe to get the loudest noise from there car, probably reducing the performance of the car (Click here for an exaple of said autmotive rape!) , whereas owners of higher performance cars will opt for a full ststem, without stupidly large bean cans stickin out the back bumper, but increasing the performance of the car.

Comment

Do you come with the car?
                            I wish I had the finances to buy one, although I am open to charity. :wink:
                            sigpic
                            Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
                            TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

Im confused- that's your car lambo?

does a full system = really loud noise - my neighbour has an extremely loud exhaust on his civic sport and it's ott

Comment

Working...
                              X