Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the VXR fare against the competition?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    No worries Martin, thanks to Dougie for the event and the extra places :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Martin_M
    replied
    Not long in from the corsa vxr unveiling tonight. Overall, it's a nice looking car. Would I spend my hard earned on it? I'm not too sure. The interior plastics aren't a patch compared to those in my civic and some of the knobs and buttons are a bit tacky for my liking. Seats looked the business as did the steering wheel but the absence of a foot rest is bound to annoy me as I'm so used to having one in the civic. However, as I say, it's still a nice car so I'll reserve judgment until after a test drive.

Cheers again to alex for the invite

Martin

Leave a comment:

• AlliRR
    replied
    nice one mate - ill pop along when they get one in...preferably in black.

Leave a comment:

• Martin_M
    replied
    For all prospective Scottish owners, I went into Arnold C;ark Vauxhall in Mount Vernon and the guy said they won't be getting a demonstrator until august or september at the earliest.

The VXR sales centre on Pollockshaws Rd just called to say they'll have one by the end of the month and that they're taking £500 refundable deposits. I'll wait until I see and drive one in the metal before parting with my cash.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I agree. Although out of the super minis I think that the Corsa will probably be the fastest, and handling wise should be alot better than previous Corsa's were so hopefully could take the super mini crown.

Mind you I'm sure TopGear will still hate it

Leave a comment:

• VX Mel
    replied
    i think you can really only compare it to the clio, mini, and other small hot's.. the CTR, Astra, and mid size cars all against each other

Leave a comment:

• Martin_M
    started a topic How will the VXR fare against the competition?

How will the VXR fare against the competition?

Clearly we haven't test driven it yet but a comment in another post motivated me to stick this up.

How do you guys think the vxr will fare against the other hot hatches on the market. For me, I'm talking about outright performance and reliability.

As for competitors, I'm thinking: clio 197, golf gti, new civic type R, focus st, astra vxr etc.

I'm willing to accept that it may be blown away by the ST and VXR, but I really don't fancy being embarassed by a CTR owner. I currently own a 1.6 civic sport - great engine, great car on the whole but with this being my second civic, I'd like a change. Had a corsa c as my first car - great wee car although the clutch went (fixed under warranty).

So what do we all think? performance AND reliability compared to the rivals...
Working...
X