X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth fitting a tracking device

Is it worth fitting a tracking device and if so which one would you go for

I like the idea of this system http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/...p?item_id=2165

No subscription and you can keep track of your car by looking at your phone. For £500, it may well be worth it.
    sigpic
    Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
    TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

nooo!!

If you fit a tracker, your insurance will go down, but not by as much as the tracker costs so you will be worse off.

Moreover, if you fit a tracker there is a much higher chance that your car will be recovered if its stolen. If it goes, I sure as hell wouldent want it back!. You would never sell it. Would you buy a car with "stolen / recovered" on the HPI check?

Markus.

Comment

i would say it depends on where you live and where you park for work... if it is a high car crime area i would say possibly but if you dont really have much fear of someone taking it I wouldnt bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus
          nooo!!

If you fit a tracker, your insurance will go down, but not by as much as the tracker costs so you will be worse off.

Moreover, if you fit a tracker there is a much higher chance that your car will be recovered if its stolen. If it goes, I sure as hell wouldent want it back!. You would never sell it. Would you buy a car with "stolen / recovered" on the HPI check?

Markus.

I would echo Markus, in that I wouldn`t want my pride and joy back after someone else had battered it half to death.
          sigpic

Comment

Since its worringly common these days for people to break into your house, steal your keys and drive away, IMO a better investment would be a BlackJax (http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/5090.html)
            and maybe a bollard on your driveway as a nice visual deterrent

Markus

Comment

very true... or i kno someone who has a high performance car and keeps a "fake" set (right key just cut wrong) with full set of keyrings in the usual place where you would keep your keys if you were in. The real set never leave him.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                very true... or i kno someone who has a high performance car and keeps a "fake" set (right key just cut wrong) with full set of keyrings in the usual place where you would keep your keys if you were in. The real set never leave him.
                whats the point in that, he might as well just keep the real set on him full stop!

Comment

Originally posted by VXRich
                  whats the point in that, he might as well just keep the real set on him full stop!

the point is if someone breaks in they take the fake set try the car and realise it wont work... they go back in to hunt or just go... the house alarm has an instant police call on it so hopefully the cops will show. The car is worth 100k and he lives quite close to a really bad area.

Comment

Working...
                  X