This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!!

Hi everyone on here, I've been looking at this site for a few days now and finally decided to join the VXR world! My story goes a little something like this.......as I am hitting the big 30 this year, I decided to buy myself a new car, why not?!! I've been looking for about 3 months, but found nothing that really 'floated my boat', so to speak. Then, one rainy Saturday about 3 weeks ago, I was shown a picture of the Corsa VXR, and that was it....the decision was made......after a quick look at some details on the internet, I went down to my local Vauxhall dealer that same day and put down my deposit (got a black one!!). Now, some say I am mad, buying a car that I have never test driven, and others assure me that I will not be disappointed.......I guess only time will tell, but I'm confident that I'm going to love it! Patience is not a virtue of mine......so this is the hardest part...the waiting.....and waiting.........and waiting...you get the picture!!
    YOU CAN ALL K155 MY VXR's!!

sigpic

It takes 46 muscles to frown.....but only 4 to flip 'em the bird!!!

KAT

Comment

Welcome KAT, your story is pretty much the same as mine. When you ordered it did they give you any idea of how long the wait would be?

Comment

Welcome glad to see you hear, hope the wait isn't too long :wink:

Comment

Your little 1.6 will outhandle and outdrive alot of 3.2 V6's me thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_st
            Welcome KAT, your story is pretty much the same as mine. When you ordered it did they give you any idea of how long the wait would be?
            Thankyou for the welcomes!!

They initially told me 2-3 weeks (through my own research I soon realised that wasn't gonna happen!!), as I managed to get the last black one available from their pre-ordered allocation. I didn't go for any of the extra options, as they told me that it would be closer to September by the time I got it, and I couldn't wait that long!

Still no news as to a date yet, just waiting for the phone to ring......

In the meantime, have managed to find some cool personalised plates to go on it!

sigpic

Comment

Welcome
              sigpic
              More than 34,900 viewings and counting
              Click Here to.................
              See My Wheels
              See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Evenin` KAT; new here myself, and just ordered a new Astra VXR today.

I`m sure you`ll love the Corsa, I can imagine that it`s going to be an angry little bugger to drive...........excellent !
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait to get behind the wheel, I've already told work that I will not be in for a few days after I pick it up! I'm planning road trips already, think I will start with a trip from Reading to the coast......and then just take it from there!

If anyone has any ideas for some good long drives down South, let me know!

sigpic

Comment

Living on the isle of wight i'm a bit limited on how far i go, just gonna have to go round and round and round At least they are fun roads to drive away. I told work not to expect me in for a week!

Comment

Hope you don't get too dizzy!

When the day comes, maybe I'll take it down to Pompey, and give you a wave over to the IOW!!! If it's a clear day, I might see you going round...and round....and round

What colour did you go for?

sigpic

Comment

oooo, if you plan anything from reading, let me know

Comment

Well i work up on portsdown hill (looks down over portsmouth) so i might end up waving down at you

I went for flame red and the 18" alloys. Sadly i'm gonna have to wait til august for mine

Comment

August...... ...... you know it's gonna be worth the wait though!

Red - NICE!! I went for the black, cos my brother's Astra is red, and as he lives with me, I wanted a different colour car on the driveway!!! I like my cars in black....I know they show the dirt more.....but luckily for me my lovely Bro is gonna clean it for me (only cos I'm gonna put him on the insurance for it though)!!! Yippee!!!

Yep...my journey will begin at Inchcape Vauxhall in Reading....and end up....who know's where!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X