X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall can stick it

Ok

Wanted a corsa VXR. Sherwoods in Darlington are getting one in within the next week, told I could have that, great.

However, now told that Vauxhall will not allow it to be sold. It has to go 'on display' as part of the fianchise agreement.

Hang on a tick, this is Vauxhall we are on about! i.e, kinda budget brand who sells cars with a 40% retention value after 3 years.

Well they can ram it up their hoop now. Won't bother.

I'm off to get a shiny red civic type R from Sunderland. Pass you guys on the A1 later....

Ross

Re: Vauxhall can stick it

Originally posted by Urban Splash
    Ok

Wanted a corsa VXR. Sherwoods in Darlington are getting one in within the next week, told I could have that, great.

However, now told that Vauxhall will not allow it to be sold. It has to go 'on display' as part of the fianchise agreement.

Hang on a tick, this is Vauxhall we are on about! i.e, kinda budget brand who sells cars with a 40% retention value after 3 years.

Well they can ram it up their hoop now. Won't bother.

I'm off to get a shiny red civic type R from Sunderland. Pass you guys on the A1 later....

Ross
    its standard practice they have to have a demo car on display, and its not allowed to be handed over to a customer until its 3months old.

Comment

all the best

Comment

Good things come to those who wait...

Comment

Oh well, at least you can hang your handbag off the gearknob in the Civic....
          Auto Inparts.com
          exclusive automotive products
          www.autoinparts.com
          www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
          ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Comment

Ross
            Ah, the old 'pay more, get less' flop out!

Talking of the Civic Tyre R, has anyone seen how much better the Jap import spec one is???

Comment

It's not Vauxhall's fault, it is the dealer, they should have been aware that they cant sell it

Comment

Type-R?
                Bننننننننننننننننh!

Comment

Having driven the new Civic Type R, and seen how poor it is, both inside, outside, and to drive also, I would wait for the new Corsa.

The new CTR is simply not a patch on the first marque................
                  sigpic

Comment

I wonder if he is off to the A1 to look for his dummy which he has spat out ? :P

Comment

Ross

I think it'll be the Corsa's that will be passing him on the A1

Comment

Ok

Well they can ram it up their hoop now .Ooooo I say Won't bother.

Ross
                        Arden Astra VXR 888 Stage 3

My Astra VXR was for sale but now SOLD !

Comment

ok guys/girls

been in Scotland on a course yesterday, came back today,

Right, got back into Newcastle, walked to the Vauxhall garage, curious.

Said I wanted a corsa VXR, salesman said he had a treat, went downstairs, corsa vxr there, lovely blue, stunning. Got delivered at lunchtime today.

Ordered mine there and then. In black, with the big wheels and all the trimmings.

Will wait till aug/sept but thats ok.

My lass got her Corsa from there a few years ago, so I know them.

So there we are. I owe you all an apology!

On reflection, the type r is just wrong! What car came out today, still has the mini copper s winning, but still loves the corsa.

Anyone any ideas on the retention on the corsa?

Cheers, hope apology is accepted!

Ross

Comment

Comment

Glad to hear you've put the order in, sure they wait will be worth it. Not too sure on retention values, think we'll have to wait until some are on the market second hand but I don't imagine it being that bad as they are gonna be hugely popular and in demand :wink: so that'll help.

Comment

Working...
                              X