This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please!!

Inchcape Vauxhall have just rung me..........they have just taken delivery of a Corsa VXR in silver......it's the only one they have and they don't know when any more will be coming in........and he's telling me I can have it TONIGHT!!!

The only problem.......I had my heart set on a black one!!!

But, my patience is wearing thin.........and I don't know how much longer I can wait.............and I could be driving it tomorrow!!!

Any advice?!
    YOU CAN ALL K155 MY VXR's!!

sigpic

It takes 46 muscles to frown.....but only 4 to flip 'em the bird!!!

interesting to say the least, as a demo model can not e sold for about 3 months, as for options for the demos, all will have 18's and sight, light pack i believe.

Wait for the black, you may regret just taking what comes along first, especially silver

Comment

Hmmm , well in theory they can sell you the first car they get in. However they need to have a car in the showroom/demo for other customers to see/try , so as long as they know when their next car is coming then they can do it.

We have a considerable number of cars coming through in May at the dealers so it all depends if you want to wait a month to get the colour you want or get one now.

Personally I've found that waiting and getting what I really want has become more important. As the first time I see someone else in what I could of had I always give myself a kick.

However choice is yours!

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by the VXR mothership
        Hmmm , well in theory they can sell you the first car they get in. However they need to have a car in the showroom/demo for other customers to see/try , so as long as they know when their next car is coming then they can do it.

We have a considerable number of cars coming through in May at the dealers so it all depends if you want to wait a month to get the colour you want or get one now.

Personally I've found that waiting and getting what I really want has become more important. As the first time I see someone else in what I could of had I always give myself a kick.

However choice is yours!

Stu
        i know another dealer has assigned a car to a customer already, they reckon they're getting 2 demos

And i'm with u stu wait for the car you want not the 2nd choice.

Comment

Stu -

Do you know which dealers have cars going to them??

And When?

Comment

Cars started arriving on Tuesday. We have a 'launch' date of April 23rd , so before then every large dealer will have their first car. As to who gets what when its down to the delivery company(s). I suspect that quite a few have the car this weekend tho.

Stu

Comment

Just went into a local dealer and they have one in there..

They cant sell it tho..

I suspect all branches are the same..

Any other info would be apreciated if the cars can 'really' be sold??

Comment

Its like this.

With a brand new model at the very beginning we want as many people to see/drive it as possible and potentially place an order.

We therefore tell dealers that the first car is for demonstration or showroom.

Failure to do so can lead to a slapped wrist.

On top of that is legally required that any car registered as a demonstrator cannot be sold to a private customer for a period of time.

However. If the dealer can demonstrate that they have more than one car coming to them and that its arrival is imminent then they are ok to sell their first car. The time between the first car and second car is checked by the local district manager and they normally ok.

In general the cars come from us pretty sharpish after we've supplied the whole network with their first car. So the bulk of customer cars will be with dealers in May/June.

With such a model its a difficult balance between getting the cars to the most enthusiastic customers asap vs showing the car to as many potential customers as possible. Thats why we bend things a bit sometimes.

But as I said in the previous post unless they happen to have exactly what you want its better to wait those few weeks for YOUR car.

Stu

Comment

Thanks alot Stu...

Cheers for the information!

Comment

Originally posted by the VXR mothership

In general the cars come from us pretty sharpish after we've supplied the whole network with their first car. So the bulk of customer cars will be with dealers in May/June.

Thats why we bend things a bit sometimes.

But as I said in the previous post unless they happen to have exactly what you want its better to wait those few weeks for YOUR car.

Stu
                    Please be May for mine i got PVS to attend in june lol

Bend/Force lol

A few Weeks, if its as good as my astra vxr (thats a story and half aint it stu ) then i can wait

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone........

I rang Inchcape and told them that I would rather wait longer and get the car that I actually ordered.......

So, if anyone in the Reading area wants to see one in the flesh, nip down to Inchcape sharpish and have a butchers....

It's nice to know that I was top of his list of customers to offer it to though!
                      YOU CAN ALL K155 MY VXR's!!

sigpic

It takes 46 muscles to frown.....but only 4 to flip 'em the bird!!!

Comment

Just spoke to my dealer and hes confirmed my car to commence built..

Week 22..

So looking to get it 1st week of June..

And he said that anyone selling the pre registered cars will be fined aparently!

Comment

well all i can say is guys is i hope mine comes asap, i had a focus st up until a few weeks ago when ai saw 3 guys driving away in it off my driveway at 3 in the morning never to be seen again. now im stuck with no car and am very reluctant to go out to get something else. i was very close to getting Clio 197 because the money is just sat there in the bank but i knew i wud regret it big time as i am on first refusal at my local dealer. so it looks like im stuck having to pick my wife up each day from work and drive my kids round in my van. please please vauxhall, dont take too long.
                          (Arden Blue 18" alloys)

Comment

Did you seriously see it? Do you mind sharing the story? I am sure it will help you, and I guarantee others will also help with their replies.

A story shared is a story halved...

Comment

Working...
                            X